× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Traffic Rules in DumaOS 3.0

Blodia
Follower

Traffic Rules in DumaOS 3.0

Hi,

I've upgraded to the beta in hopes of better utalizing traffic rules/parental controls. I'll first say that this latest beta is much more stable than the previous ones I've tried, so kudos for that!

I'm finding the traffic rules/parental controls to be very lacking however. Essentially I want to create a white list of places where kids can go, and -block- everything else. It's easier to include than to exclude, and I'm not seeing this option anywhere in traffic rules.

Ie lets say I want to allow email, but not allow web browsing, I can't seem to be able to do that. What's the point of "allow" if it ends up allowing all other traffic as well? How do I properly utilize the "allow" feature while "block"ing everything else?

Also, is there a place where you can specify specific domain names that are allowed, vs just selecting via categories?

Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Traffic Rules in DumaOS 3.0

So this would be easier if Adblocker was implemented for the XR as you can enter domains but it isn't at the moment. What I could suggest would be to make one rule to Allow category email, then make another rule that applies to all traffic that blocks it. If you put the email rule in 1st then that will be allowed and everything else will be blocked. You can also try Settings > Content Filtering > Block sites/services but as far as I am aware this applies to HTTP not HTTPS so may not work as effectively.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7