× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading to XR500-V2.3.2.114 shows V2.3.2.56 on my Administration screen, and nothing on top right?

GreekWiz
Follower

Upgrading to XR500-V2.3.2.114 shows V2.3.2.56 on my Administration screen, and nothing on top right?

Not sure what version my firmware was when I tried to upgrade to .114, (it had not been upgraded since I bought it a couple years back) but regardless, after I did the .114 upgrade, the System Information screen shows .56.

I try to check for updates, it says I have newest version, I try to upload .114 and it warns me I already have .114

So I downloaded .108, and "downgraded", gave me the warning that it's downgrading, and once done shows .108 in the top right corner and System Info.

I then upgraded back to .114 and low and behold the System Info screen shows .56 again

I did factory installed both times, cleared the cashe, etc.

Is this just me or is the firmware not labeled correctly, or am I just dumb?

I should add when I was on .108, there was a lot more options on the left side of the screen (Ping Heatmap for example) which is not showing again when on ".114" (showing .56)

I am going to try the .120 firmware and see what happens, then try downgrading to .114 I guess, but thought I would ask.

------------------------------------------------------------

Update  #1: After going to .120 it was showing .120 in the right corner and System Admin, and showed the ping heatmap. Downloaded the .114 file from the product screen as opposed to the forums,  and downgraded, and athough it's not showing on top right corner and no ping heatmap, the system Admin screen did finally upgrade to .114, so now all looks to be correct. I assume  .114 does not have ping roadmap.

Update #2: After editing my post, I scrolled  down and someone had asked why no ping hotmap on .114, and luckily I opened that,  and read that there is a DIFFERENT .114 firmware for Duma3.0 that has it. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Latest-FW-XR500-V2-3-2-114-but-no-P...

Like seriously? who is in charge of naming these firmware to make things confusing?

Thank to the link above, it is finally showing the fiollowing in the top right and Admin System screen:
XR500 V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.20

Sorry to have wasted people's time reading this, but I also I hope this might help someone else that might be having same issue.

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7