× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WORST SEARCHING CONNECTION WITCH NETGEAR XR500 THAN MY USUAL ROUTER

Cholete
Aspirant

WORST SEARCHING CONNECTION WITCH NETGEAR XR500 THAN MY USUAL ROUTER

HI, my problem as said in the  subject! I recently founded that searching for a game in PC and in CONSOLE takes much more time to search a lobby in Call Of duty and any other game when i conect my idevices to the ethernet of the  XR500 without geofilter on, than conecting to my usual router! How can it be possible?

If anyone knows please help me as 200 dollars for going slower is not a good deal so i will have to ask for a refund as i am in the time limit until april! Thank you!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

How do you have Geo-filter configured? We'd expect to see longer search times if you're search radius is limited to one or two servers!

Message 2 of 10
Cholete
Aspirant

As i say in the previous message, geofilter is DISABLED and my time to search lobbies is higher than the original router. For this issue, the router is only giving me internet to my PC. The only thing i am using is QOS and no more! Why is that?

Message 3 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you only have one device connected to the router then that is likely why. The devices connected to the router above the XR are getting precedence over the PC. For the best connection ALL devices should be connected to the XR.
Message 4 of 10
Cholete
Aspirant

Excuse me? I have the original company router conected to the XR500 via ethernet and then i have 2 PC, 1 console and another router connected to the xr500. I tested the internet and it give me symetric 900 mbs, how come is it possible is searches like that. AND WITH QOS ACTIVATED i dont have spikes when i am streaming and gaming even if someone connects to anything so how is it possible and how can i solve the problem?

Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You said previously only one device was connected to the XR. So your setup is ISP router (some devices connected?) > XR (some devices connected) > another router (some devices connected) is that right? Bandwidth speed doesn't relate to ping or impact how fast the search is. If the ping is higher due to your setup then it will cause longer searches while it tries to find a game.
Message 6 of 10
Cholete
Aspirant

I have my company router connected to the tv, to a wifi extender and to XR500, then the XR500 has ethernet connected to 2 PC, a console and a wifi extender so 4 devices and to the wifi ectender there are also 3-4-5 devices connected at determined hours in the day. The thing is that recently since this configuration time to search and connectivity is TRASH! And in DISCORD it will take time to c¡onnect to discrord SERVERS! So there must be some problem with IP or domething like that! So please tell me the solution, i can send screenshots of everything but you need tyo solve it or i will return the product

Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to have the XR connected to your company router then have all devices run off the XR? That would mean the XR has full control over the network and should work much better.

Message 8 of 10
Cholete
Aspirant

No, fot that i will swap normal router with xr500! Now it doesnt connect me even to the servers, WTF is going on? I uoload the screenshot of what says all the time trying to connect and servers are okay! It doesnt even ping the servers of the game when connecting! Give me a solution please

Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So the setup is modem > XR500 and everything else connected behind the XR? Can you disable the Geo-Filter please and see whether you can get games and if discord works?
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7