× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 NetDum 3.0

LordNecro
Aspirant

XR300 NetDum 3.0

Any updates on fixing the issue with iptables? I need a statement from Netgear/Duma stating that it is not functional so i can get a refund...Issue was lodged 3/9/19, I discovered mine was faulty 3/3/21 and 5 months later I still have no fix except a 3rd party patch that is required to be done monthly to ensure the device is running ok, Duma have advised to do monthy device factory resets...

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29275-how-to-remove-offline-devices-from-router/#comments

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300 NetDum 3.0

We are soon going to be attempting to port the latest DumaOS changes over to the XR300. As the hardware is old, we're not sure if it's going to work but we're going to do everything within our power to get an update for it and release it to you guys. I don't have an ETA for this as yet, but we're doing a lot of work on NETGEAR fiirmware's currently so it's definitely a priority of ours. What's the exact issue you're facing exactly? How is it manifesting?

Message 2 of 4
LordNecro
Aspirant

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

We are soon going to be attempting to port the latest DumaOS changes over to the XR300. As the hardware is old, we're not sure if it's going to work but we're going to do everything within our power to get an update for it and release it to you guys. I don't have an ETA for this as yet, but we're doing a lot of work on NETGEAR fiirmware's currently so it's definitely a priority of ours. What's the exact issue you're facing exactly? How is it manifesting?

Well thank god you guys said back in 2019 that you were working on a fix for this "Old" hardware, many of us have been left disapointed witht the product since purchase.

The issue is I have visitors/clients attend and use the wifi, The router adds them as a device and then doesnt clear them from the ip reservations/device list and it grows to a point that it cannot be managed. Theres no way of deleting all "offline" devices and I have to manually perform a 3rd party fix to reset the device list so I dont have to go doing a factory reset on the router.

the link provided has all the details and angry users who have looked into it; https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29275-how-to-remove-offline-devices-from-router/#comments

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Ah I see, yes if we are able to successfully port to the XR300 then there will be a button added that removes all offline devices, amongst many other features.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7