× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: #### - XR450 - Settings not saving correctly

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

#### - XR450 - Settings not saving correctly

@Mistakes 

"Everytime I log into the router the greeting message still pop up even though I have already skipped them in the past. For example clicking on the QoS tab brings up the "welcome" popup and even has a loading "applying settings" notification. Rebooting the router changes nothing, the behavior returns every time you log in.

2. I cannot disable QoS. If I check "disable qos" it will show the checkmark but if I swap to another page and return to the QoS page the checkmark is missing again which leaves QoS on."

"I tried Firefox normally, then Firefox incognito and finally Microsoft Edge(the chrome version). Same behavior in all tests."

"Log in > Click QoS tab > Welcome to QoS popup (applying settings pops up at the same time) > Click skip tour > Click the hamburger menu at the top left next to congestion control and select "disable QoS"> "disable all QoS features?" pops up > Click proceed and "applying settings" shows > disable QoS box is now checked > refresh page and "applying settings" shows up > Click the hamburger menu and see the check mark is now gone after refreshing the page."

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Issue-reporting-thread-POST-NEW-ISS...

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

@Mistakes 

Have you factory reset the XR router after updating FW? 

Be sure to clear out ALL browser caches...

I can confirm that the router tour keeps happening when I log in.

I can't reproduce not being able to disable QoS. Mines disabled currently. I've used Edge and Opera to test my 450:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/XR450-DumaOS-3-0-Firmware/m-p/19882...

Message 2 of 7
Mistakes
Tutor

@FURRYe38 

Yes a factory reset was done before and after flashing dumaOS 3.0. I tried with Firefox incognito, Microsoft Edge and Fraser also requested I try with chrome which I didn't have installed and this happened with a fresh install of that so It's not a browser problem.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, odd that it's happening on yours. Mines ok. I just re-enabled QoS on mine to check and rebooted using Opera...QoS is now enabled. 

Hopefully the team and check this out for you...

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Only thing I might try is to re-load the FW again. Use a wired PC, Edge or Firefox or Opera. Factory reset. Clear ALL TIME history caches. Then setup from scratch then try to change the QoS setting...

Message 5 of 7
Mistakes
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser 

After another day of messing around with the router I was able to solve this problem. It was ultimately still related to ipv6.

ipv6 enabled = QoS cannot be disabled

ipv6 enabled + reboot =  Qos cannot be disabled

ipv6 disabled = Qos cannot be disabled

ipv6 disabled + reboot =  Qos CAN be disabled now.

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for the update, we have fixed the IPv6/QoS issue in the next version so hopefully it will resolve this also.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7