× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 DumaOS PS5 - Battlefield

Th3AngryGerman
Aspirant

XR500 DumaOS PS5 - Battlefield

Hi everyone,

I ran into an issue when trying to use the Geofilter on the XR500 for the PS5. I added the console, set it to Battlefield, and set a 400 mile radius which I what I have done on PS4 with no issues, but on the PS5 I wasn't able to join a quick match and the server browser showed my ping as one red bar which happened on both BF4 & BFV. After rebooting my entire network, confirming the port forwarding, and even changing the LAN cable, nothing helped and I finally thought that maybe the Geofilter was the issue. Once i turned it off I was able to get into matches with my usual mid 30's ping, so there may be something Duma doesn't like about PS5 becuase I didn't have this issue with the Series X.  I was also having intermittent connection issues with Destiny 2 as well that cleared up after diabling the Geofilter.

Hopefully this will help others who are having the same issues, and if you are, please comment so the topic will get noticed and the devs can investigate.

Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 DumaOS PS5 - Battlefield

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7