× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 R-APP NOT LOAD

LexSun
Aspirant

XR500 R-APP NOT LOAD

Today I pulled the XR500 out of storage that had been sitting there for 2 years.

I re-flashed the firmware with TFTP, using the latest version "XR500-V2.3.2.114"

I used reset settings

However, when I open 192.168.1.1, it still tells me "R-APP NOT LOAD"

This route has been down for 2 years, but still no one can solve the problem?

Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 R-APP NOT LOAD

I'd suggest going with the latest beta as it should be better in that regard https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/td-p/...
Message 2 of 12
Veiko
Tutor

I have the same problem.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for letting us know, what firmware version are you currently running?

Message 4 of 12
LexSun
Aspirant

tested multiple versions,Including original version(1.*) and 2.*.*

If I remember correctly,The problem occurred after updating some 2.x version
After that, rolling back to the previous version or changing to another new version didn't work.

I've also updated DD-WRT and it works fine.Then rolled back to DUMAOS again still not working.

So I suspect it's that 2.X firmware that updated some underlying-software.

---

When "R-APP NOT LOAD" appeared, I checked the browser DEV platform and all RPC protocols on it are HTTP 500 CODE

I also checked through TELENET, I suspect that there is some service in the background that is not turned on, so cant run very well

Message 5 of 12
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The 3.0 beta does have a lot of fixes pertaining to this problem, though the next version we release should have the full fix as we believe we've worked it out now.

Message 6 of 12
Veiko
Tutor

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

Thanks for letting us know, what firmware version are you currently running?

You are welcome. Same version as in first post: XR500-V2.3.2.114.

I made factory reset ("Revert to factory default settings") 4 days ago, then next day there was another error: "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App.". Then I restarted router and now it is running already 3 days without any error and all looks very good now 🙂 

Message 7 of 12
Veiko
Tutor

4 days with no errors and today I got it again: "This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.". This 4 days was good, but still I want to use system longer than 4 days without restart needed. Next step to test beta firmware: v2.3.2.120

Message 8 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Let us know how you get on!
Message 9 of 12
Veiko
Tutor

@Veiko wrote:

4 days with no errors and today I got it again: "This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.". This 4 days was good, but still I want to use system longer than 4 days without restart needed. Next step to test beta firmware: v2.3.2.120

7 days up with beta Firmware Version V2.3.2.120 (DumaOS Version 3.0.202) and all looks very good. I'm starting today to use more features, like device custom names and traffic controller. And now I can use also DumaOS IOS app 🙂

Message 10 of 12
LexSun
Aspirant

Congratulations!

But this doesn't work for me

Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear this, we are currently working on new firmware so we're hoping we can get this fixed for you soon.

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7