× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 qos not working on beta

Nlammie
Guide

XR500 qos not working on beta

Hi, decided to do speed tests on various hardware because I've just upgraded my broadband and it turns out qos wasn't working. I know that it was working yesterday morning. I did tests on wired pc and Xbox both times. I've had to do a factory reset to get it working again (what a pain that was, continually resetting security questions). I do own R1, R2 and XR500 so not a total noob. The only other thing I noticed yesterday, is that while playing CoD, I suddenly was unable to get a game with all servers being denied. I understand this is a beta and I'm not looking for answers just giving info. I'll just keep an eye on it.
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide some more details? How do you know it wasn't working exactly? What settings were you using?
Message 2 of 5
Nlammie
Guide

Hi Fraser, I did a speed test on my Xbox to check that my new broadband upgrade was working forgetting qos was on and got full speed, I then tested speed on my pc (both are wired) and I had the same result. I tried turning qos on/off etc but no difference, y speed stayed at the maximum . My settings are basic, I haven't tampered with anything. I have fibre broadband and have open nat without changing any settings. I only use ping assist as the geo filter doesn't seem accurate (I can't seem to exclude UK server on CoD when I circle Europe). I don't have ipv6 or anything to else to complicate things. The only other thing that happened yesterday, is that while playing CoD, after a game I was unable find a lobby then after rebooting the game realised all the servers were blocked. I've factory reset and qos is fine again, I roughly get the speeds that I set it to. Again I have not changed any settings, ping assist on, Xbox in filtering mode.
Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay weird, let us know if it happens again and if possible provide screenshots of your settings.
Message 4 of 5
Nlammie
Guide

Thanks for the replies, it's not a big issue, I'll just keep checking speeds etc. I did chat with Big_Dog from the netduma forum about the geo filter not working that same day and I explained that I had done everything you guys suggest i.e. Hard reset Xbox, delete /from geo etc.... As I said earlier , I'm not after an answer just supplying info.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7