× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500

NastySkill
Aspirant

XR500

I was in the middle of a game last night and it froze the led light for All the Ethernet ports turns off for approximately 45 seconds.No other light went off the router just the Ethernet port lights. It disconnects two PlayStation’s kicks them out of the game and it just froze my game I play on PC but didn’t disconnect me. We was all playing call of duty war zone and multiplayer. The two PlayStation‘s was playing war zone and on my PC I was playing multiplayer.
Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500

Is this on the .104 firmware? If so did you factory reset after upgrading to it?
Message 2 of 11
NastySkill
Aspirant

Yes it’s on the .104 and yes I factory reset when I downloaded it. I watched a video before I downloaded the beta and it told me to make sure I factory reset after downloading the update to the router so I did.
Message 3 of 11
NastySkill
Aspirant

But other than that it’s running pretty smooth. Other than one thing in the Geo filter I think I have to have filtering mode turned off whenever I join call of duty and wait until I’m all the way log completely in through all the menus and then turn on filtering mode because if not the first game will be the right ping and then the next game it jumps up 20.
Message 4 of 11
NastySkill
Aspirant

One more thing I just noticed is you can’t pin Allow and Deny to the dashboard. I’m looking for anything for you guys hope all I’m doing is helping.
Message 5 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Continue to monitor it, if it happens again try to access the interface and get us the log file from System Information. Using the Geo-Filter in that way shouldn't affect the ping of the game after but if that is what works for you then great. Yes no need to pin that panel as it is pretty dependent on the Geo-Filter.
Message 6 of 11
NastySkill
Aspirant

I have one request kind of big but just thought I would throw it out there for you all.
Can you guys possibly make it where there is a list of servers to pick from for each game or make it where they stay on the screen more than just 30 seconds? And where we know witch one we are Connected to? Remember I just trying to make it better for everyone. I love what you guys are doing and appreciate everything.
Message 7 of 11
NastySkill
Aspirant

I’m ^
Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It would be incredibly hard and I'm not sure if it would be possible to make a list like that, also would definitely result in people not getting games. If you're in a game then the icon will stay the whole time, the reason some disappear is because you no longer have a connection to them so they're not too important to keep on the screen.
Message 9 of 11
NastySkill
Aspirant

Okay what about telling what device is connect to what sever? Because say I have 3 PS4’s and a pc but don’t know what sever each are connected to. Say we are all playing different games that’s why I ask if there’s a way to know what each device is connected to. Thanks again guys your doing great.
Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks! We will be doing color coordination so that you can tell which servers apply to which devices. I'm not sure when it will be included but we will do that.
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7