× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

Marius99
Tutor

Hy

Can someoane help me please,I downloaded the firmware for xr700 beta,but I can't update my router.I download e file with .img extension,what I have to do to instal on my router xr700

Thanks

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 26 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Marius99 access the router interface, go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and click browse then select the file and upgrade.
Message 27 of 586
Marius99
Tutor

I try to do that also,but my curent version is 1.0.1.34 and the upladed version is the same 1.0.1.34,the menu is the same,I don't se ping heartquater and others features...

Message 28 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did it successfully complete the upgrade? It sounds like you didn't download the version from this topic.
Message 29 of 586
Marius99
Tutor

Yes you have wright,now I downloaded again and is the same number but at the end is write DUMAOS,Thank you very mutch I install now the correct version.

Message 30 of 586
MOEPIRPAL
Guide

Hola a todo el mundo que formamos esta comunidad. Yo vengo a exponerles los problemas que yo he detectado en esta versión. He de decir que mi isp es Movistar en en España. El problema mas grande que he encontrado es sobre QOS ya que la mayoria del tiempo no estabiliza el el trafico de descarga. Da igual activar el antibufferbloat  pues los valores que me da el test incorporado en esta version beta son los mismos que que con él desactivado. En el test de buffer bajo carga es estable dando valores medios de unos 15ms. El problema viene con el buffer bajo descarga ya que se dispara a 130ms de media. He probado todas las configuraciones que he podido y he realizado  unos doscientos test. A veces muy puntualmente si que estabilizan todos los valores de bufferbloat, como si de repente empezara a funcionar el QOS. Pero repito la prueba y vueve a los valores anteriores. De todas maneras gracias por el esfuerzo que ponen en pulir y mejorar nuestro firmware. No se si puedo acompañar de imagenes lo que les digo pero si los desean las subo para que lo vean.Un saludo y ánimo.

Message 31 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the feedback!

How have you configured QoS? Have you been through the auto-setup?

Where do you have the Congestion Control sliders positioned?

What devices/traffic are you trying to prioritise?

Message 32 of 586
Xrv
Guide
Guide

How frequent you going to update the beta firmware?
Do you going to implement the latest fixes for security vulnerability issues
from (v1.0.1.36)?
Message 33 of 586
MOEPIRPAL
Guide

Hola. Los controles deslizantes los he cambiado en intervalos de 3% hacia arriba y hacia abajo partiendo de 50%.

En cuanto a la configuracion de QOS la he probado en automático, siempre y nunca dando la mayoría de las veces los mismos resultados en el test de Dumaos. La priorización la he probado como viene por defecto y agregándole dispositivos como Xbox o el Smart TV con los mismos resultados. 

He de decir que alguna de esas veces esporádicas en la que el test de conexión me ha dado resultado A+ en bufferbloat manteniendo estable el buffer bajo descarga, ha sido con porcentajes entre 80% y 90% tanto de carga como de descarga.

Incluso asi esta version beta la siento mas estable a la hora de jugar shooters que otras versiones de firmware. La detección de tiro es mejor y las partidas son mas regulares. Un saludo y gracias.

Message 34 of 586
MOEPIRPAL
Guide

Hola. Si ustedes van subiendo las actualizaciones de la beta iré probandolas todas siempre que pueda. Ayer mismo actualicé a la version 1.0.1.36 pero a la hora de jugar (que es por  lo que nos compramos un router de estas características) creo que funciona peor que la beta. Y cuando las comparo quiero que sepan que es utilizando los mismos parámetros de configuración en las diferentes versiones de firmware. Creo que las personas que están tras el desarrollo de Dumaos 3.0 están haciendo un buen trabajo y que van bien encaminados. Volveré a instalar la beta. Un saludo y gracias.  

Message 35 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, thank you for your feedback!

Could you also just let me know what game it is your playing when doing these tests?

This will help us in re-creating and addressing this.

Message 36 of 586
Alex49H
Star

Traffic Prio has stopped working, both Duma Classified games and my personal prio settings. The red light does not turn on. It was working when I installed the new FW.

Traffic priov121820.PNG

Message 37 of 586
Alex49H
Star

Now it started working again. This time I selected my PS4 and game console only and the red light turned on.

Message 38 of 586
Alex49H
Star

Now it turned off again.

Message 39 of 586
Alex49H
Star

I think toggling it, turn it off and on repeatedly until it turns on is what works for now with the Traffic Prio.

Message 40 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hey Alex, just to check, in that first screenshot they're both toggled off, was that intentional? Did you enable/add the rules when the console was already on or off? If on, try when it is off then wait a few minutes and boot up the console and see if it works.
Message 41 of 586
Alex49H
Star

Yes it was intentional. I think I added the rules before turning on the console or at least turned on the TP before turning on the console.I am going to shut off the console and turn on the TP just to check.

Message 42 of 586
Alex49H
Star

That worked. From now on, turn on TP before console. Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great, thanks for the update, glad it is working! 🙂
Message 44 of 586
Action_B
Guide

Current Version: V1.0.1.34

I've been having trouble intermittently with DHCP server feature of my router. In the past it will stop distributing IP addresses as if it is running out. I have in the past been able to at times fix the issue temporarily by turning off DHCP and then back on DHCP server. It got to where even this wouldn't work over time so I reset it and now it works but I'm getting frequent disconnects during my online gaming where I never did before on my xbox series x, but my wife is gaming at the same time on her xbox series x and she is not having the same issue. I think maybe  the router is renewing  the IP address via DHCP on each disconnect in my logs. I'm not really sure if that would be the cause or result of an issue but I've lost a few games due to it and let my team down. Would this update potentially fix my issues or bring me more problems as it is a beta?

In the meantime I have swapped my xbox series x to a static IP address and it seemed to help but i'm not sure.

Thank You. 

Message 45 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If what you've said is the issue then setting the static/reserved IP would help, I'd suggest you see how that works for awhile before trying the beta.
Message 46 of 586
Action_B
Guide

It appears to be true, as an experiment I left my wife's xbox on DHCP and set mine to static. She just disconnected and logs show her DHCP renewing at the exact moment she lagged out.

Message 47 of 586

The file is corrupt

Message 48 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Action_B Make sure they're both given static/reserved IPs and should be good from then on.

@Maximillion90 what do you mean exactly, where are you seeing that? You may need to download it again or you're not uploading the correct file to the correct place.
Message 49 of 586
Action_B
Guide

I'm still getting disconnects from online gaming frequently. I'm not sure if it is the router ot not but I suspect it is. I'm about to try the new beta firmware because my other option is to abandon this  router and try another. I've been a long time fan of nighthawk and my prior routers have treated me well so I'm hesitant to jump ship however this router is making me question it. Geo filtering isn't working currently. It frequently crashes. 

Message 50 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7