× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for your perseverance, let us know how you get on with the latest firmware!

Message 51 of 586
MGS78
Aspirant

Hi Fraser, 

We should rather fix the DHCP problem that exists since the release of the XR700..

Message 52 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hi,

Of course, this issue is of high priority to us and we are in discussions with Netgear as to how this can be resolved.

Message 53 of 586
Mobel
Guide

Which problem with the DHCP ?
Because my connection is through DHCP and i never had an issue with DHCP.
Message 54 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Mobel some people have disconnections from the internet, either on all devices or just a few. It is either due to the routers DHCP server or the router having trouble re-establishing a connection after the upstream router renews its DHCP lease.
Message 55 of 586
Mobel
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser
I think that is a setup problem, i had to disable DHCP on my modem and configured a 10.0.0.1 ip range for my XR700 otherwise i kept getting conflicts with ip and resulting in disconnects or no connection at all.
Message 56 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Mobel I have no doubt that for some people something like that is the cause but I've definitely seen the issue happen myself so I know it's something that does require a fix.
Message 57 of 586
Action_B
Guide

I'll  look into this.  I have two routers  but the first is set up as a  bridge, I think the first one uses  that range. 

Message 58 of 586
Jakuba
Tutor

Hello

So i downloaded the DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware for XR700

I tested this out on the Xbox Series X and game called FIFA 21

I noticed when i ckick on Ping Heatmap and select game FIFA 21 and ping it, it doesn't show the 2 servers located in the UK - London

These are the IP address of the 2 servers in the UK - London area as below

I have even tried adding the ip addresses manually by going to Add Custom List and then pinging it, but it says N/A ms

Thanks

Message 59 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Jakuba thank you for the report, I've already let the team know about this and they'll get an update out as soon as they can. Happy holidays!
Message 60 of 586
Jakuba
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@Jakubathank you for the report, I've already let the team know about this and they'll get an update out as soon as they can. Happy holidays!

Thank you. Happy holidays

Message 61 of 586
martyr444
Apprentice

I've been testing the XR700 V1.0.1.34_Dumaos3.0_6 for about 10 days and its been working fine until today. I had the R-app failed t load for the Traffic Controller. I had to do a reboot of the XR700 and then it started working again. The reason I'm testing this Beta is because since Netgear posted the Firmware Version 1.0.1.34 and the 1.0.1.36 it broke the Service Schedule on the Content Filter. To get the scheduled time to trigger you have to keep hittinng Apply manually like turning a Light Switch off and on. It's supposed to be automatic according to your set times for the schedule.

Message 62 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

sooo the XR700 beta i had a few problems with it so far once is add devices won't let me add em at all when i click it must be bugged even tried goin back to the stock etc in full reseting stlll not working in sometimes the installed rapps won't load would have to reset the router multi times to get it working. etc just reporting the bugs are whatever is doing it. thank you

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Nighthawk Pro Gaming Community, 

Please be sure you have read the non-disclosure agreement before proceeding. 

We are happy to announce that we now have the XR700 Beta Firmware for DumaOS 3.0. Please use the link below to access the XR700 beta firmware. 

XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

We look forward to your feedback! 

Power to win,

Christian 

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 63 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the report @martyr444 in System Information in the Rapp panel options set the number of retries to 5 and reboot. Then see if it happens again.
Message 64 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

so i keep getting Uncaught Unmatched device when trying to add my pc etc to the geo-filter why?

Message 65 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@SuicideSquad420 you will need to do a factory reset or re-add the device to the router with the same name it previously had. If you didn't factory reset after upgrade this is recommended and probably why you had the issue.
Message 66 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

soo everytime i add a pc are playstation are xbox etc in try to play call of duty fortnite etc. im running in to something weird.... my ping everytime says 9,999MS why? in can't connect to any servers in it happens only when i add something to the geo-filter weird.. idk if its a bug but if it is please fix it.

Message 67 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@SuicideSquad420 could you provide a screenshot of this please?
Message 68 of 586
Action_B
Guide

Installed new OS last night in a last ditch effort to save myself from my frequent disconnects and networking issues while gaming with both my wife and I on Destiny 2 multiplayer on our Xbox Series X. After install it ran fine and then I did the hard reset as suggested. The end result was the same as before. DHCP won't provide an address to some of my devices so I had to use a computer that it would provide an IP address to in another room to access the router for setup. Once setup the disconnects continued and worsened. I don't really know what to think of this router anymore. I'm not sure if it ever worked right or if it just developed issues over time. Today i'll be gaming with my 6 year old Nighthawk 3200 v1. I already set it up and its been working without an issue. When it comes to gaming I used to think I wanted the  best performance however now I realize that I just want reliability. We will see how gaming tonight goes. At least this will rule out an issue from the ISP for the disconnects. 

Message 69 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Action_B I'd recommend reinstalling the firmware using the TFTP method, this would bypass any issues in the boot process, combined with a factory reset afterwards this would give the freshest install possible and hopefully make it more stable for you.
https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Message 70 of 586
Action_B
Guide

Will try this week at some point. Thank you. 

Message 71 of 586
Jakuba
Tutor

Hello

I read that XR1000 has Auto Setup for QOS and also Advanced settings for QOS such as Anti Spike and other stuff etc etc.

Will both these 2 features come out for the XR700 eventually down the line?

Thanks

Message 72 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Jakuba that is entirely up to Netgear but there is no reason that it couldn't be included.
Message 73 of 586
TimChang
NETGEAR Employee

Hi,

When you see the DHCP issue next time, would you help to get the logs for our analysis?

1. Access the debug page: http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm
  2. Click “Enable WAN/LAN Packet Capture”.
  3. Click "Start Capture".
  4. After 5 minutes. Click “Save debug log”.
  5. Send the debug log to us. 

Thanks!

Message 74 of 586
TimChang
NETGEAR Employee

@Netduma-Fraser  The auto setup feature is pending on your team for fixing some platform related issue. You can reach internally to get more ideas. 

Message 75 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7