× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

Action_B
Guide

The process was not exactly as straightforward since directories were not as standardized to path desktop as outlined in the link, but I got it done. Its flashed via TFTP method and I have factory reset it following.  It's now waiting for my wife to stop gaming so I don't interrupt her night of gaming as the old nighthawk is currently serving her well. One she is not online i'll configure it with ethernet cable plugged in. 

I'm using an ethernet to provide internet from my combo router/modem from my ISP. This router/modem is placed into bridge mode, is this acceptable?

Is it alright to use the prior SSID?

Message 76 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Action_B okay keep us updated, yes to both of your questions, that will be fine.
Message 77 of 586
Jayappa
Tutor

For anyone using the beta, its a "beta", there will be bugs. The best thing to do when using the beta is after updating reset your router. Most bugs you encountered or will encounter will fix itself.  

Kind Regards,

Jay

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 78 of 586
Action_B
Guide

I want to report back and let you know that the TFTP method with 3.0 beta firmware has completely resolved all issues I had. My wife and I have played nonstop the whole 3 day weekend without a single disconnect. All devices are working and connecting properly via DHCP. I have encountered zero bugs within my Duma0S 3.0 beta so far. Thanks!
Message 79 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's really great to hear @Action_B thanks for the update!
Message 80 of 586
nferguzl
Tutor

Cold war pc is not being recognized by qos duma classified games, is this normal behaviour?

Also I’m on fiber 300/300 mbps up/down, but when I connect to wired access points I only get 180/300. When connecting directly to the XR700 I get the full 300/300. I have sharing excess enabled in qos. 

Message 81 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@nferguzl I've responded to you on the Netduma forum
Message 82 of 586
Jakuba
Tutor

Hello

I installed the DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware. Reset the router and also did a factory reset also.

First time i got a chance to test the QOS and Connection Benchmark.

Whatever values i set the sliders to for Congestion Control i keep getting a D score for Ping Test (Under Load) under Connection Benchmark.

I started the sliders at 95% both for Download and Upload for QOS - Congestion Control - Set to Always.

And each time i went down by 5% for both. Until i went to 1% for both sliders. And i still keep getting a D score for Ping Test (Under Load)

Another bug  i noticed was when i go to Connection Benchmark - Speed Test - check my Download speeds. They dont match with the QOS settings i changed to. My Upload seems to work fine but not Download.

Here is a screenshot below of QOS. Notice the Download speed set to:

Message 83 of 586
Jakuba
Tutor

Here is a screenshot of connection benchmark results below. Notice the speed of Download is incorrect under Speed Test when compared with screenshot above of QOS. Upload is fine though. Also can't go below D score for Ping Test (Under Load).

Message 84 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Jakuba The speed part of Connection Benchmark won't respond to your QoS settings, that's normal. The Ping Test Under Load we are looking into currently, thanks for the feedback!
Message 85 of 586
Jakuba
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser For some reason whatever values I put the sliders to for  QOS for Upload it responds to the Speed Test on Connection Benchmark. For Download it doesn't respond which like you said is normal. 

I tried 10 different tests with different values for Upload and it is responding which it shouldn't. 

Message 86 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Jakuba what upload speeds do you pay for/expect? Could you post screenshots of a couple of the tests adhering to the QoS settings you made please?
Message 87 of 586
Alex49H
Star

Is there a new FW in the horizon for the XR700?
Message 88 of 586
Jakuba
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@Jakubawhat upload speeds do you pay for/expect? Could you post screenshots of a couple of the tests adhering to the QoS settings you made please?

I am with BT, and the Upload speed range is 16mb - 18mb.

Here are screenshots from 3 different tests below:

Test 1

https://imgur.com/gOhDtSa 

https://imgur.com/VpvsMY9 

Test 2

https://imgur.com/w7pNUPH 

https://imgur.com/oHfkfF2 

Test 3

https://imgur.com/AswPAul 

https://imgur.com/jhUpkM4 

Message 89 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Alex49H Yes we'll definitely be putting out another build as soon as we can.

@Jakuba Thanks a lot for that. Do you have IPv6, VLAN or PPPoE enabled by chance?
Message 90 of 586
Jakuba
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser I have only PPPoE enabled. The rest of what you mentioned are disabled.

Message 91 of 586
Alex49H
Star

I have noticed that the Ping Heatmap goes out. I have rebooted the router twice to get it back up again, once this week and once last week. But this is the error message:

Ping Heatmap.PNG

Message 92 of 586
Alex49H
Star

I also can't delete or turn off Traffic Prio settings, even after rebooting router twice now today:

Traffic Prio1821.PNG

Message 93 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you very much @Jakuba I have passed the information on to the developers.

@Alex49H I can't see the pictures as they haven't been moderated, could you attach directly or use imgur for example?
Message 94 of 586
Alex49H
Star

Ping Heatmap.PNGTraffic Prio1821.PNG

Message 95 of 586
Alex49H
Star

Ping Heatmap j.jpgTraffic Prio1821 j.jpg

Message 96 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Use imgur instead Alex as I can't see them still unfortunately
Message 97 of 586

Sorry, thank you very much for the replied and support. I figured it out and I am wondering there will be an update or if it will be out of beta in the immediate future?

Message 98 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The XR700 has just gone into beta for 3.0 so there will be more builds before it can be released publicly. Yes we will endeavor to get a new build out as soon as possible.
Message 99 of 586
nferguzl
Tutor

I'm also getting an error when accessing the ping heatmap, where it says "the operation is taking longer than expected". Only solution to this is to reboot the xr700.

Message 100 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7