× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

honeheke
Aspirant

Hi there so were do I get the file from to download and how do I send it to the modem sorry I’m not great with computers tech
Message 176 of 586
honeheke
Aspirant

Hi there I don’t no how to do the ftps method also don’t no how to find update sorry I’m useless at tech stuff but love the netgear products and community ❤️
Message 177 of 586
honeheke
Aspirant

I have same problem?
Message 178 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You can download the firmware from the link in the first post in this thread, you can then go to page 123 of the XR700 user manual to see how to upgrade the firmware:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR700/XR700_UM_EN.pdf

Message 179 of 586
honeheke
Aspirant

When I try and download link it says download to drop box or direct download img files cant be previewed?
Message 180 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Go ahead and do the direct download, then you can upload that file to the XR and upgrade!

Message 181 of 586
honeheke
Aspirant

hi i try and do it but says file is corrupt could you post another link so i can download it seems that link is corrupt

Message 182 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Where is it saying that? If you click the 'download' button in the top right instead does that work?

Message 183 of 586
MGS78
Aspirant

Hello,

No new for the update of the beta ?

Message 184 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Not just yet, we'll be sure to post it here when there is though!

Message 185 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Hey there! Been using the 3.0b for a while now. Seems more stable than the reg .34 and even the new .38 fw. Didn't know if you'll be sending out a 3.0b based on the .38 stock fw since it had a security update. Also I've noticed when adding consoles to the GeoFilter, especially when selecting manual and not filtered I get an RPC error. Also did I read something on here that this beta has ip6 issues? Should I be leaving it disabled for stability? On a good note, the issue the stock fw had with hanging rapps when nintendo switch was set as such in devices is no longer an issue. I've had mine set as it is for weeks now without rapp issues, seems pretty solid. Keep up the good fight and I can't wait for the next beta release!
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 186 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the feedback! Next update will likely come with that security update included. What option did you pick specifically? It could just potentially affect QoS so it is up to you if you rely on it for stability.
Message 187 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

So when I set up the xbox and ps4 pro in GeoFilter, I don't like how on the Xbox or doesn't come up to set the radius manually like it did for ps4. It just automatically gave me a list of games for radius, then asked me on a switch if I reached 5 it filtered which I don't because it interferes with me son playing on servers with his friends due to their location. On both consoles when I press finish after turning off filter during setup, I would have an error box come up with an rpc error. I would then reboot the router, delete the console, reboot again and try to add the same way again. After about the 4th or 5th time trying, it didn't throw up any errors so I just restarted the router again and let it be. I can see the servers when playing but must admit I haven't looked to see if the router was pointing the server or not, I'll have to look at that. I have however noticed that in the dumaos app for android when playing an online game, let's take fortnite for example, I can see the little red dot come on yelling me it does in fact pick up on priority traffic. I have QoS on always at 70% on both Rx and Tx and I do in fact have IPv6 enabled. Connection benchmark reads my cox gigablast just fine and accurately.
Message 188 of 586
busolof
Star

Hey,

is there an new beta an man says have 3.0b what is that for something...

Message 189 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you referring to where it say 'Choose manually' instead of selecting a specific game to filter?

Let us know if that RPC error occurs again and if possible exactly what the error message said.

It sounds as though QoS is working as expected for you then, is that correct? If you're not using IPv6 for anything I suppose there's no harm in disabling it!

Message 190 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

There's no new beta version for the XR700 available as yet, we'll be sure to post here when there is though!

Message 191 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Yes, when setting up the consoles in GeoFilter, the PS4 asks me if I want to do it manually or select from the games list but the Xbox will just go directly to the list of games to determine radius. I could delete them and add them again and see if it comes up and report on what the actual rpc error says: I remember it was pretty specific and I should have written it down or taken a screen shot so sorry about that one. QoS does indeed seem to be working as intended and I am still currently using IPv6 with DHCP6 acquiring an address from my ISP and the xr700 is indeed assigning IPv6 addresses normally. As for the user who questioned my 3.0b statement I just meant the 3.0 beta in short, sorry if I got your hopes up like I had a newer version or something. I'm running the same beta based off the *.34 firmware as everyone else.
Message 192 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Update: when in the admin webgui it does give me the option to choose manually or select from a list of games for radius, it does not do this on the app for android. Deleted and re added 3 times without rpc error though. I'll try some more later in the day.
Message 193 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the updates, keep us posted on whether you can reproduce it and what the specific error is.
Message 194 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

whenever i add my pc are game to the geo-filter can't talk on mic are party on the ps4 are xbox think it's broken whenever i remove them im fine in tried it with just the pc then tried it with just the game it's self by em selfs still can't talk in partys etc but whenver i don't use the geo-filter it's fine.

Message 195 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do your friends appear on the Geo-Filter map when you attempt a chat?
Message 196 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

When you do a network check on the ps4 or xbox what is your NAT type? Are you using a modem/router combo from your ISP? I have both ps4 pro and xbox one and chat works fine even with them in geofilter. Try turning filtering off on them but keep them there so it pings the servers. Also try putting your NAT for ip4 and ip6 set to open instead of secure and make sure you're UPnP is turned on. If you're using a modem/router combo from your ISP, try putting it in gateway mode or disable the router functions of that unit, otherwise you'll have double NAT and game chat doesn't like that.
Message 197 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

im not getting double nat. in it's happening. idk whats goin on i even got the ipv4 in ipv6 set to open stll noting still doing it.

Message 198 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

belive me it's not working. when i remove myself etc from the geo-filter it's fine. when i add my pc etc back to it it dosn't work at all. weird.

Message 199 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do your friends appear on the Geo-Filter map when you attempt a chat? You will need to add them to your allow list so you can connect with them regardless of your Geo-Filter settings.
Message 200 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7