× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

Zeke009
Star

Hey NetDuma team. Just installed the latest DumaOS Beta and had some questions for a future release. Really small items, nothing major.

1) Naming a device in Device Manager does not translate to the Address Reservation table.

2) Device names can be imported in Device Manager, can the table view be exported?

3) Allow us to sort the table view by IPv4 address.

I like where this is headed. I will be trying the new features with some games ASAP, but the response time of the GUI has not gone unnoticed.

Message 201 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Zeke009 We do want to make those two features more in sync with each other so will come in future. No you can't export the table view at this time. Could you provide a usecase for why you would want to sort by IP address? Just my 2cents but I wouldn't know what specific IP addresses for devices are enough to sort by them
Message 202 of 586
Zeke009
Star

I do reserve a few addresses, but I can sort by every other field than that.  There are times I know the ip of a device, but not the Mac or terrible name the device auto generated for itself.

As for the export, home automation devices create the worst names for themselves and I can't remember which Mac went to which terrible name. I have a list of devices, being able to export a copy of the list would be how I manage that going forward.

TV, PC, and consoles are easy. Our light controls, thermostat, and fitness scale are a pain to identify and my list is outdated. Because this router does not have an ACL I watch devices closely. 

Message 203 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for your usecase, I'll add it to our roadmap!
Message 204 of 586
UK_Wildcats
Apprentice

I saw the new beta releases for the XR450 & XR500 that fixes the DHCP.  Where is the next release for the XR700?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 205 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

so i tried loging into my xr700 today in got a error code this is what i got Uncaught TypeError: duma.tour.getTour(...) is not a function why?

Message 206 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@UK_Wildcats the XR700 was the most recent router to get a beta firmware so it will now be the next one to get an update, shouldn't be too long hopefully.

@SuicideSquad420 have you factory reset or bookmarked the interface URL? I assume if you click ok it disappears?
Message 207 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

tried reseting the router etc... sometimes it just randomly pops up. just wanted to report it just in case its a bug are something. in im still getting the party problems on the ps5 in xbox series x in my pc. in can't talk to anyone in my party just keep geting connection failure to party etc. i tried in old router of mine like i said in it's fine.

Message 208 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thanks we'll have a look. Is that with the Geo-Filter off as well you get party issues?
Message 209 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

both. sometimes with it off tho it works but whenever its on it dosn't work at all. but with it off it works sometimes.

Message 210 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If with it off it doesn't work that could be another issue but with it on, if you add your friends to your allow list then it should resolve it mostly when it is enabled.
Message 211 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

tried that noting is working.

Message 212 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

goin to have to just buy the xr1000 soon i understand that the xr700 beta is  goin to take awhile before it's fully stable in fully out but im getting the xr1000 soon.

Message 213 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you see anything blocked on the Geo-Filter when it happens? You may have to zoom out fully, anything that appears blocked then allow. They may appear very quickly and disappear fast so may take a few tries.
Message 214 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

soo i did what u said to do to allowe the the player etc still noting.

Message 215 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

you for sure gotta look into the Geo-Filter hopefully it's fixxed in the next beta update. if it is a bug like i said whenver i use the xr500 gaming router it's fine with the Geo-Filter but the xr700 Geo-Filter there's something wrong with it.

Message 216 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It may take a few tries before you're able to get everything that needs to be allowed. I'm having the team test asap.
Message 217 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

belive me the xr700 3.0 beta with the Geo-Filter there's something wrong with it are maybe it's something doing it in the beta idk i just know that my xr500 is fine with it on in off but the the xr700 everytime i turn it on are off i can't talk to anyone in on the xr500 i don't have to allowe people soo it's something with with xr700 Geo-Filter if it isn't then im just wait till the next beta build hopfully it's out soon. but ya my xr500 is fine with it on in off i can talk. ever since i updated my xr700 to the 3.0 beta it's been noting but problems with the Geo-Filter.

Message 218 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What do you mean you don't have to allow people? No one appears blocked when connecting to you anymore?
Message 219 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

nope i did what u said allow in they are not even blocked. so i could talk to em dstill having having the same problem. im thinking tho it's the beta of of the 3.0 something is doing it. im guessing the geo-filter but it might not be cuz when im ussing the xr500 it's fine but with the xr700 beta with the geo-filter it won't let me talk even allowing em. so idk i don't have to do that with the xr500. i know im sounding like im dumb. but im thinking tho to tell u the truth im just wait for a new beta build to come out for the xr700 in hopfully it fixs the problem im having with it. cuz when i go back to the stock for the xr700 it's fine when i update to the beta thats when the problem happens. with the xr700

Message 220 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

i just hope with the next beta update it's good.

Message 221 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay keep an eye on that please, anything blocked when trying make sure to allow. We'll see if it's better in the next build, if not we can look at it more closely.
Message 222 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

thank you. in will do hopfully it will be better in the next build.

Message 223 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

other thing whenever i went back to the stock update of the xr700 it was saying there an Update Available when there was none. so hopefully hats fixed in the beta of the xr700 3.0 beta so look into that to please thank you. i even went back into the stock update in still saying there's an update when there's none whenever your in the main screen of the router in goin to the settings up on the right corner side of it it says theres an update on the stock update to in there's none so please look into that i know it's just a minor bug are something id like for it to be fixed instead of getting on my xr700 thinking there's an update on the stock update in the 3.0 beta of it. it's a bug minior bug cuz i even tired the stock update to make sure in it's saying there an update when there's none. thank you.

Message 224 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks we're aware of that one!
Message 225 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7