× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

l3ni3r
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser yeah I'm happy with that, the help is much appreciated thanks!

Message 276 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Ok so I was in the Chrome admin UI and tried to add the PS4 pro in the Geo Filter.  I chose to manually decide for myself (not choose from a list of games) and then unswitched from filter to unfiltered.  This is the RPC error I was talking about:

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': assertion failed! -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function <?:206> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

Glad I caught it again!!  Hope this helps guys!

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 277 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Update:  Got the same RPC error when trying to do the same method and settings for the Xbox One:

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': assertion failed! -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function <?:206> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

Happy Code Hunting Devs!!!  XoD

Message 278 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for this, so you're getting this error when you toggle between filtering mode and spectating mode? Or as soon as you finish setting up the new device profile?

Message 279 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Yes, it's happening when I'm using the toggle switch, turning filtering off. I get that error msg when I'm adding either my ps4 pro or xbox one, choosing to configure manually and then toggling filter mode off. Once I click "ok" on the error, I can continue and finish. This was done in the webui using chrome BUT I have seen this error come up when doing the same thing, same options, in the android app as well (the dumaOS app - not chrome for Android).
Message 280 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

I'm so sorry, so I don't get that RPC error  when I toggle the filtering off, it's afterwards when I click on continue and the "Applying Settings" box comes up, THEN I get the RPC error in a black box.  Sorry for the confusion.

Update:

When I add the device (ps4 or box) and as usual I select manual (instead of selecting from a list of games) and then leave the filter toggle ON - it till add it normally AND I can then click the toggle for filtering OFF with no errors. 

Message 281 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry, little confused regarding when it actually happens. Could you provide numbered reproducible steps for our testers to follow?
Message 282 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Sure, sorry for the confusion. Also like I said before a while ago, it doesn't happen 100% of the time but I was also having trouble with devices buffering while on the 5Ghz around 55dBm with no interference from other routers. I did take everything back to hard reset and disabled QoS and I would get better results.  I did end up setting everything back to 75% on sliders (940 Rx - 35Tx  MAX) shared excess on both, goodput enabled and I've been getting more stable results.  

So, back to the RPC error, I would add a device to the GeoFilter.  I would then select Manual (not choose from a list of games) and then I would click the slider toggle to disable the filter.  After I switch the toggle switch and then press continue the "Applying Settings" box comes up - BUT - the RPC error quicky follows in it's own box ; covering the "Applying Settings" box, then the "Applying Settings" box will disappear on it's own leaving the RPC error box there.  Once I press "Ok" I can then select "Finish".   Also as I stated on the post above that when I do not toggle that switch to turn off filtering and let it filter the device, I do not get that RPC error.  I can even toggle the filter to OFF once the device is added in GeoFilter without errors.  It's only happening in the add device wizard in GeoFilter when you select manual (not choose radius from a list of games) and then switch the toggle to disable the filter and press continue.  It comes up right after the "Applying Settings" box comes up.  

Hope this helps and give a big THANK YOU to the devs working hard to make our XR700's work better with this DumaOS 3.0 update!

Message 283 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@XR700-Owner thank you very much, I understand now, I'll pass it onto the team to try and reproduce!
Message 284 of 586
Danny80916
Luminary

Any news on when my beta might drop? Also, does anyone use LaG with like a nighthawk switch or another device? I am not sure if it’s the beta or switch, but my LaG keeps losing one of its links.
Message 285 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

We don't have an ETA for a new release as yet I'm afraid! 

What device are you using Link Aggregation with? Is it a Switch or a NAS for example? If you can provide an exact make and model that may be more helpful!

Message 286 of 586
Danny80916
Luminary

Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Switch (GS808E) I am not sure if the switch or something else that's causing it to be dropping the lag between them. I know a restart of the switch fixes the problem. So here is the issue I am using an apple tv using speed test. I will get a download of 960 or so, will rerun it the next day, and will only get 140 down many times in a row reboot of the switch or routers fixes it again for a couple of days. 

Message 287 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When you get low speeds through the switch, try direct to the router and see if the same behavior occurs
Message 288 of 586
Danny80916
Luminary

It doesn't. I have used my phone through wifi to see if the speed is around the same, and it's not. The switch device will be 200 and the phone around 600.
Message 289 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay that's likely something to do with the switch then and not the router
Message 290 of 586
Tix096
Guide

Rif.: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

hello, when will duma os 3.0 be released for the xr700?
Message 291 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Tix096 we don't have a specific date, it depends how well the beta goes and at what point we think it's stable enough for a full release
Message 292 of 586
Tix096
Guide

Ok, thanks
Message 293 of 586
UK_Wildcats
Apprentice

What is the status on resolving the DHCP issues?

Message 294 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They've got all the information I need I think so they're working on going through it and finding the cause, hopefully they'll be another potential fix in the next version
Message 295 of 586
ShamanKing92
Tutor

five month after no update for the beta on XR700, 3 years after no new for the fix dhcp problem ...

I'm seeing, I see the answer: "we're sorry we're working hard on this firmware!"...

But 3 years old has to repeat the same excuses here and on the netduma forum no. no. no.

Netgear and the netduma team have no respect for their customers, lies for several months (year?) Fictitious dates, a dhcp fix that does not work, what amateurism ...

When is the TRUE date? a real press release on the progress? not a message of excuse "it is not when it arrives we have been working on it since 1960 no problem guy"?

How can a "Compagny" have chaotic communication?
Do you have an idea of the number of people who left the netgear / netduma ship and changed the case for equipment from a competing company? how many people have been disappointed and angry with his false promises?

Message 296 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Unforunately we can't provide an ETA as to when this may be resolved as it's not something we can simply assign a deadline to, it's a solution that requires new firmware to be created and tested until we believe it's going to resolve the issue. We appreciate how frustrating this may be for users and as you're aware it's something we're still very much devoted to working on.

Message 297 of 586
UK_Wildcats
Apprentice

We are getting to the put where class act lawsuits are initiated.

Message 298 of 586
falso
Tutor

Honestly, XR700 was my first and last Router from Netgear. The support is so freaking bad.. 

Message 299 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Hello team! How goes the good fight against the evil code gremlins? Not asking for an ETA on another beta update, just curious how everyone is fairing on the dev team hunting down bad lines and trying to get a better port? I have to say I feel really lucky in comparison to some posts where my beta is actually more stable than the latest release lol. I mean we all have the same router right? XoD. Anyway, keep up the good fight and just know most of us are cheering you on!
Message 300 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7