× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

XR700-Owner
Apprentice

on't know if you've come across this one yet.

RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec 'ip6tables -t filter -D nd_forwarding_rule -j auto_hyperlane ' failed with 2

Untitled.jpg

I had just done a hard reset after using the latest .44 FW and gone back to the beta.  IPv6 was messing with some android apps on it.  Anyway, I do the normal setup, go into QoS and disable QoS and then scroll to the bottom to undo DumaOS classified games and BAM.  Error pops up.  Happy hunting guys!

Edit:  Went to another browser (Chrome) and recieved this error when trying to do the same:

RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Rule not found in chain

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 376 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I'd certainly suggest factory resetting after you've upgraded back to beta, just because there's quite a few changes between the two versions. I don't know if you've used the DumaOS interface in Chrome before as well but it may be worth clearing cache in these browsers to make sure that's not causing a problem.

Message 377 of 586
nferguzl
Tutor

The dumaos ios app doesn’t change the geofilter from filtered to spectate mode. In other words, changing the setting doesn’t stick. Any ideas?
Message 378 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Did you factory reset the XR after upgrading to the latest firmware? We recommend this as it clears out low-level code left over from previous firmwares.

Message 379 of 586
nferguzl
Tutor

When making changes from the web page everything works fine. It is just the ios app that doesn’t work.
Message 380 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam 

So lets clear up some confusion you might have.  I did post that after experiencing IPv6 errors on the *.44 FW, I put the 3.0 beta back on and did a hard reset.  That's holding the reset button for 60 seconds.  I also use CCleaner after I close a browser so there shouldn't be any cache issues.  As I stated above, after getting that error msg I did reboot the router and tried another browser (chrome) just to see if I could replicate the error.  I didn't get the exact same error msg but it was similar in context.  Anyway I hope that clears up any confusion.

Message 381 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam 

Also when trying to add a Playstation 4 Pro to the Geo-Filter I get this error:

Error: RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec 'ip6tables -t mangle -D nd_forward_mangle -p udp --sport 1024:65535 --dport 1024:65535 --in-interface brwan -m mark --mark 0x1a/0x1fe -j gfchain_filterservers_src_2 ' failed with 2

Untitled.jpg2Untitled.jpg

Message 382 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thank you for clarifying here, that's helpful!

Does your ISP support IPv6 and do you use it currently? If not, could you please test if disabling IPv6 from the Network Settings resovles this issue? I'd also suggest re-syncing the cloud from the three-line menu in the Geo-filter map after doing this.

Message 383 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

My ISP does support ipv6 and I will give disabling ipv6 a whirl and see if that will take care of the issue (which honestly being an ipv6 error I think it would). On the down side, I do like using ipv6 as well as ipv4 so I don't think I'd keep the changes tbh. I'll keep you posted after I do the hard reset what happens when I make changes without ipv6 enabled. Afterwards I'll hard reset again and enable ipv6 and see if I can replicate the issue. If I do, I'll see if flushing the cloud helps.
Message 384 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Ok. So after doing a hard reset (and yes the cache is always cleared on my browsers) and after going through the setup wizard I have found the following:
1. When not using ipv6 I do not get any errors on disabling qos or classified game prioritization.
2. I do still get an error when adding the PS4 pro and Xbox one with manual and the no filter options.
3. When ipv6 enabled I have found that if I disable qos and classified games first (basically go down the list in order) everything works fine by the time I get to ipv6. (Again except the adding of PS4 pro and Xbox one)
4. Once I receive the errors on adding consoles in the geo filter, rebooting and deleting/re-adding them seems to yield no errors (and is working as I can see servers and clients and constant ping rate etc).

I know adding the consoles in geo filter is a known issue (at least on manual and no filter) but that ipv6 issue was new to me. Just seems like the OS wants you to go down the list in order and not jump around changing things willy-nilly.
Message 385 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Well done on figuring that out, I will pass it on to the team and hopefully they will be able to reproduce this with your steps.
Message 386 of 586
Gamernist
Aspirant

It's been over half a year now since Version 3.0_6

will there be any updates, or a new version available soon?

Best Regards

Message 387 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 388 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

no news yet on when a new beta of the xr700 update will be out are no i mean it's been almost a year in still noting? is the router done being supported are something? 

Message 389 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We're planning to put out some news on the state of firmware very soon and it will explain a lot more about what is happening
Message 390 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

thank you can't wait to findly get some good news about the xr700.

Message 391 of 586
TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

I doubt this will be good news. Much more likely either another huge delay or they are putting this router out to pasture and it's never gonna get a fully supported 3.0 release. Mark my words.

Message 392 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@TOOMUCHSAUCE it will be good news, anyone with an XR700 will be quite happy when they find out what is to come in my opinion.
Message 393 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Spill the beans then already! We could use some good news! I think we all agree it's time to shizer or get off the crapper lol
Message 394 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

News will be coming very soon, we'll make a dedicated post for it
Message 395 of 586
Zeke009
Star

Thank you for the update. I am anxious to see what is coming for the XR700.

Message 396 of 586

very soon < soon

Message 397 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

pretty crazy that the xr450 in the xr500 gets the 3.0 fully released in still noting about a new beta release build for the xr700 are even a full release for it?

Message 398 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The same applies to the XR700, Netgear will release the full version soon while we work on implementing the DumaOS changes for a following firmware.

Message 399 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

Message 400 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7