× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700, Duma 3.0

BusBat
Star

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

Hey Liam,
My problem happened just a few days after the guarantee went out. I registered when I bought it but (in retrospect) I should have waited with the registration to when I started to use it. Exchanged to the XR700 from my “old” XR500 a month and half later than the registration. It kinda sucks that the hardware gives up almost on the day the guarantee doesn’t apply…

I looked at what I can do, and an RMA seems to be out because of the time I registered (bought instead of 1st use). There is info about buying a support ticket but I don’t get to that page when clicking so I seem to be out of luck and support.

If you have a channel to Netgear I’d appreciate if you can forward my case for some goodwill action from Netgear.

If not, I bid you and this forum good bye and wish you the best with better development methods and ability for faster and more reliable test bench. I don’t know how it’s been done in the passed but (from own xp) I know that you now are on a path that’s sound and that make information to users simpler.

I’m trying out the ASUS now, and there are lot of settings. But I gotta say that the fencing in the 3.0 DumaOS GUI is hard to beat. I find myself thinking: this GUI (ASUS) could be so much better - In short: I miss my XR700 with DumaOS. A shame that the Wi-Fi stopped working!

Cheers mate and keep it up.
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 451 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@BusBat sorry to say but I think if TFTP isn't working then it is likely not recoverable at all as. Also the XR700 is no longer sold, which means it won't be being made anymore so if an RMA was possible it's unlikely they would have one available to provide you with.
Message 452 of 586
irvingr
Guide

XR700, Duma 3.0

Netgear Team,

Here we are in February of 2022, and developers replys when XR700 owners ask when will the 3.0 Duma os will be released, and we get "It's really close and will release very soon.” Why not just be more transparent and reply with "4 months, late 2022, or early 2023". The R2 is not cutting it. I had to Factory reset 4X already (Yes, I know Netgear did not develop the R2). I genuinely believe the XR700 is a top router with better hardware than the XR1000. If you’re a WiFi lover, indeed, the XR1000 benefits you for the WiFi 6. Come on, Netgear, why keep prolonging this update? Is the XR700 that complicated as opposed to the XR300 & 500?

Regards,

Irv

Message 453 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Here at Netduma, we are working on building new XR firmware currently. We plan to give you guys another beta version for the XR700 with all the latest DumaOS features.

This will be quicker because once it's passed our SQA testing, we can release it to you instead of it then having to go to NETGEAR and pass their SQA.

I don't have an ETA for this because it all depends on how long it takes to pass testing, it could pass first try or it could take 3-4 different attempts. What I can say is that we are planning to have this firmware go into testing within the next 2-3 weeks.

Message 454 of 586
irvingr
Guide

@Netduma-Liam 

On behalf of all XR700 owners, I appreciate this detailed information. This is precisely the reply customers/community would expect. This information allows me not to waste my time checking the site every day for the update for the XR700.

I am looking forward to this firmware in a month or less (that is, if all testing passes and considering other technical issues that the team was not anticipating).

Regards, 

Irving

Message 455 of 586
FURRYe38
Guru

Can take months for new FW to come to the public. It doesn't get put out there over night. 

Message 456 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

I guess this new beta is based on the .46 fw Netgear release? Also, not related to the 3.0 update but I just started using my sfp+ port with a 10G transceiver paired with my Motorola sb8611 modem with great results!
Message 457 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

It'll be based on whichever their newest available version to us is, I'm not entireyl sure yet. Nice, sounds cool!

Message 458 of 586
irvingr
Guide

I used the SPF port years ago and it ended up freezing my XR700. I don't know why but I will give it another go when the firmware update is released.

Message 459 of 586

Any update in this regard? Has the newest beta been released?
Message 460 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No new firmware at the moment, we will let people know when it is available
Message 461 of 586

Not a big deal, I've been waiting for it for 2 years...take your time guys. 

Message 462 of 586
Vinvinsim
Tutor

another few months.?.?.?...right... on top of the 2 extra years we alrerady waited.....sorry to say if i were a betting man... odds arnt looking good il put my 50$$ in on 2+ years untill full relkease

Message 463 of 586
Vinvinsim
Tutor

a good xr700???  laughable ive had this  router for 3 years.....i puirchased uit when dumna 3.0 was "a few months from release" customer service is non exidstant and the firmware is buggier than a pinwheeling mac.... i mean comon with whats under the hood of the xr700 you should be blowing the compitition out of the water not "deflating the 2 front tires of your farrari to see if you can make it a close race with a honda accord.....its oxymoronic hipocritical and flat out stupid....basicly your buying the top tier Lambo with no warentee a automatic transmission and an engine governed at 85mph.... the F**k is the point i wish i just did the smart thing and buy as prius but nooooooooo i said i want the prius dressed as a lambo that got beaten to the point of partial Retardation......... no no no i want to pay tripple for this little tike..... yes yes  yes i know i could get 3 other routers that do the same thing for the same price, but this little guy needs a home, and hes just soooo cute

Message 464 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Do we have a new beta fw for the xr700 available today?
Message 465 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@XR700-Owner not that I'm aware of but it is midnight in the UK currently, is there any reason you would be expecting it today?
Message 466 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Sorry for the late/early inconvenience then, hope you're getting OT lol. No reason just thought I'd roll the dice and ask. I know you said ~2-3 weeks in the beginning of the month, just keeping my fingers crossed the new fw passes the sniff test!
Message 467 of 586

Dream on

Message 468 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Just to give you an update on this, we've built the latest DumaOS features onto the XR700 and XR500 and have now sent these changes off to NETGEAR for them to build into a full firmware.

Once we've received a firmware back, we'll put it through our testing. When it passes our testing, we will send this firmware out to you guys as as a beta version to those who want to use it first.

Message 469 of 586

What are we talking about? 2024 The earliest?
Message 470 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

No ETA as yet but I suspect quite a lot earlier than that.

Message 471 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.48 is this dumaos 3.0?
Message 472 of 586

Pretty sure it isn't, just patches for few vulnerabilities

Message 473 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

This firmware appears to be just to address some security issues, the DumaOS 3.0 firmware is still in the works.

Message 474 of 586
BartXR700
Guide

Thank you for information. How long usually it take on NETGEAR site? Based on previous experience? Thank you and hope we'll get 3.0 with latest stuff.
Message 475 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7