× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Nighthawk Pro Gaming Community, 

Please be sure you have read the non-disclosure agreement before proceeding. 

We are happy to announce that we now have the XR700 Beta Firmware for DumaOS 3.0. Please use the link below to access the XR700 beta firmware. 

We look forward to your feedback! 

Power to win,

Christian 

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 586
DOGGAVELI
Star

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

Awesome news team thanks heaps.

Message 2 of 586
wiso121
Initiate

I Have xr500 and 700  3.0 not issues for my spectrum 1 gig  módem  netgear cm1200..✌️Thx Team For This My Ping 18 Ping to 23 Ping yes... Nice work Guys Keep up👍👍👍👍

Message 3 of 586
DOGGAVELI
Star

@Christian_R @Netduma-Fraser  I just tried to test out the IPV6 with the Duma Os firmware 3.0 on the Xr700. When IPV6 Is enbaled the congestion control stops working. Just passing on the feedback as I would like to use IPV6 if the congestion control still works.

Does anybody have a workaround or fix?

Kind Reagrds,

Dogga

Message 4 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is an issue that has been identified on the current XR500 build as well so I will make a note of this, thanks for the report.
Message 5 of 586
DOGGAVELI
Star

@Netduma-FraserThanks mate. I downgraded back to 1.34 as I also had problems with the geo filter.

When I tried to play Australia only I kept getting games but it would bumped out and couln't join. Then some games I would get would be Peer server only. On the Geo filter no servers were coming up or showing it was out of range or blocked.

When I got into a game the peer server ping would show for a few seconds then disspear for a fair while.

Since downgrading back to 1.34 everything is back to normal. So I might have for Duma OS 3.0 until IPV6 and the Geo filter are working like the 1.34 firmware. Appreciate the efforts and being able to beta test the firmware.

Kind Regards,

Rob.

Message 6 of 586
Mobel
Guide

Connection Benchmark doesnt work properly the ping under load "tab" is not working good, doesnt match at all with the tests i have done on DSLreports, Fast.com, Cloudflare Speedtest.

In QoS the bandwidth flower graphs keep holding 9 different classes of 13% that is 117% total after resetting distribution it says 11% each thats 99% but it will go back to 13% each after updating distribution.

Traffic Priorization is also not working good DumaOs Classified games and a Manual rule doesnt trigger the red light to go on, DumaOs classified games goes something on but it will prioritize maybe a total of 50 packets of DL/UL in a whole match of 15 minutes CoD BO CW.

Since today getting error notifications on Geo-filter when going in as well when enabling disabling filtering mode.

The tour will also start everytime when logging in the Gui and at every R-app (maybe has something to do with the "Force tour").

The update available will stay on the same fw as it is running now.

Network monitor has a anomaly under the devices that are connected with bigger figures.

Those are the bugs i came across till now, did factory reset first from fw.34 went to DumaOs 3.0 then factory reset again and have no back-ups saved for settings or whatsoever.

Message 7 of 586
DOGGAVELI
Star

Hey @Mobel So after you did all that do u have Duma Os 3.0 working fine without any issues?

Kind Regards,

Dogga

Message 8 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@DOGGAVELI these hosts that were blocked outside the radius, did you ping them? If so what were their pings? I wonder if maybe they were mislocated.
@Mobel What web browser/device are you using to access the interface? We're aware of the Ping Test Under Load so will look at that. What platform were you playing the game on? Can you provide a screenshot of the network mon issue please?
Message 9 of 586
Mobel
Guide

@DOGGAVELI
Yes all those bugs are still there for me.
@Netduma-Fraser
Firefox, Windows 10 on a laptop.
On the PlayStation 4 , i will provide a screenshot when I am home.
Message 10 of 586
Mobel
Guide

Message 11 of 586
Mobel
Guide

Message 12 of 586
Mobel
Guide

Message 13 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for those, clear your browser cache/cookies and then refresh the interface - see if that fixes the net mon and click the X on the tour and see if it prevents it coming back.
Message 14 of 586
Mobel
Guide

Did those steps u mention several times in the past days but the bugs dont go away
Message 15 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your PC resolution and the zoom level on the browser? Have you bookmarked the URL for the interface and is that what you're using to access it?
Message 16 of 586
nferguzl
Tutor

The ping heatmap app is no longer loading. I click on the r-app and window spins and after a while there's a sign which says its taking longer than expected to load the app.

Message 17 of 586
Mobel
Guide

It is full hd resolution i use 80% zoom and the URL is not bookmarked, i use routerlogin.net or the ip to login.
Message 18 of 586
Xrv
Guide
Guide

Do I need to make a factory reset after beta firmware installation?
Message 19 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hi,

Give the router a reboot and this should resolve that!

Message 20 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I would suggest whitelisting the url in your browser and seeing if this improves things!

Message 21 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

That would be brest practise, just to ensure you're starting on a clean slate after the installation

Message 22 of 586
Alex49H
Star

This FW doesn't have the new features like connection benchmark?

Message 23 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi @Alex49H long time no see! Hope you're doing well. This beta version does have the new features such as Connection Benchmark, Ping Heatmap and Traffic Controller included. Adblocker and Auto Setup for QoS are not currently included.
Message 24 of 586
Alex49H
Star

Hey amigo, hope you are well too! Long time no see! Smiley LOL Then I will update my XR700 then.  Thank you for the response Fraser! Cheers!

Message 25 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7