× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 - DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware

That was covered in the video, the point is that for just DumaOS changes we will forego NGs testing process and so you'll be able to get firmware faster. It's different to the system we referred to in the past, we've actively been in discussion with NG to drop the NG SQA process when only DumaOS changes.
Message 576 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Yes I agree that that will speed up the process dropping the Netgear sqa when the Netgear side hasn't been touched. Unfortunately that doesn't really apply to this as it's a major update to the fw as a whole and not just the dumaOS side. I'm not trying to come off making NetDuma seem like a bunch of people just sitting around idle drinking coffee or whatever, I was just hoping for maybe a priority boost for the xr700 (which isn't mentioned in the video). Like for example let's say we all go que up at maccy D's for lunch and we all have our orders taken at the same time. If my order (xr700) is a bit larger because I'm a big guy and I like maccy D's, it shouldn't mean that people who only ordered a burger get to cut in front of me or order more food when I haven't even finished my order yet. I think it would be more fair if the xr700 would take priority over new feature production and other models which already have the 3.0 that's all.
Message 577 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Would it be possible to add airtime fairness to the xr700?
Message 578 of 586

"would it be possibile to have a working fw on XR700 by the end of this year" is the right question...

Message 579 of 586
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I see some NETGEAR routers/APs already have an airtime fairness setting, they may be able to add it to the NPG routers in future but unfortunately not something I can really provide a solid answer for as it would be their decision.

Message 580 of 586
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

wow still no update 2 years later with xr700 3.0 fully being out. thats crazy. this router to me is pretty much is dead. either upgrade are move from it.

Message 581 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 582 of 586
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Yeah you mean the firmware status page that hasn't been updated in over a week. Yeah been watching that too. Apparently they need another firmware from Netgear and haven't really updated since bug fixing again from the 27th.
Message 583 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's updated once a week, due to UK holidays it hasn't been updated this week but will be done next week
Message 584 of 586

needing another firmware to fix from Netgear since 2020, but thank you for that page, very useful...keep us busy while we search for another router from another brand.

Oh, I've just seen that they are back to duma os 2.0...that's great!

Message 585 of 586
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@ivancaregnato it hasn't gone back, it just hasn't had a stable firmware for 3.0 features yet
Message 586 of 586
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7