× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 and Duma 3.0 Device manager issues

gycuk1
Apprentice

XR700 and Duma 3.0 Device manager issues

Hi 1st off nice work guys look time comming for the XR700 but is here and looking at the features on 3.0 top job.

When i upgraded from 34 to 3.0 my device manager has stopped working correct. The wireless devices are all showing correct and connected. However most devcies in our house are wired and have access points tv,s gaming machines etc and only a hand full are showing connected in device manager only and a couple at switching between on and off line?

Has anyone else had this i am sorry is has already been posted i am on nights so a little tired

Message 1 of 20
nferguzl
Tutor

Yes its happening to me also. Some devices that I know are connected appear as offline in device manager.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 20
gycuk1
Apprentice

@nferguzl wrote:

Yes its happening to me also. Some devices that I know are connected appear as offline in device manager.

Thanks  its not just me i do understand ist beta but are you sticking with it or going back to the previous firmware?

Message 3 of 20

I'm facing the same issue

Message 4 of 20
gycuk1
Apprentice

@ivancaregnato wrote:

I'm facing the same issue

I can understand some of the new things not working but Device manager is one of the Core apps! i shall wait and see if netdorma commment and if no solution i will have to go back to previous firmware

Message 5 of 20
nferguzl
Tutor

I'm sticking to the new firmware as of now.

Message 6 of 20
UK_Wildcats
Apprentice

It is happening to me as well.

Message 7 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Basically the Device Manager has been updated to more accurately reflect the online status of devices. So for example if a device is connected to the router but is not passing any traffic whatsoever then it will appear offline. This is technically correct but as is the same on the latest XR500 build that appears to happen too quickly so I will also mention to the team this happens on the 700 also. Thanks for the report.
Message 8 of 20
nferguzl
Tutor

I have two access points which appeared online with past firmware and now appear offline no matter how much traffic is going through them.
Message 9 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

An AP shouldn't appear online if it is in proper AP mode, only the devices going through it should appear online.
Message 10 of 20
gycuk1
Apprentice

Hi Fraser

I. I know we didnt have this on previous firmware because i label all the devices in the manager so i can see what is connected and offline for trouble shooting issues. It makes naming a device really hard. As when it moves to offline the IP address goes and you have to look up the MAC address

Also if wahat you stated about the device manager being updated has the wireless devices not been afftected only wired? They must sit idial but they dont go offline?

Message 11 of 20
nferguzl
Tutor

I made a backup of the config before upgrading which I restored after a reset to defaults and all devices appeared with the new firmware. With older firmware devices were not saved after restoring the config. So the access points which are not supposed to appear online would not register on device manager eventhough they are given an ip by the dhcp service of the xr700?
Message 12 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@gycuk1 it has been updated for wireless also but these should change states slower than wired.
@nferguzl AP will be seen as connected but offline and devices connected to the AP will appear as online.
Message 13 of 20
nferguzl
Tutor

But then how can we know which IP address has been assigned if it appears offline, as said before for troubleshooting purposes?
Message 14 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@nferguzl normally if you put a router in AP mode it should tell you prior what IP it will take, or if it is a dedicated AP should say in the manual how to access.
Message 15 of 20
gycuk1
Apprentice

@nferguzl wrote:
But then how can we know which IP address has been assigned if it appears offline, as said before for troubleshooting purposes?

I have fixed Ip address on all my network equipment and now i cant name without the Mac Address which makes it so much harder. This has to be a backwards step

Message 16 of 20
gycuk1
Apprentice

I have rolled back from 3.0 it just not work for me and my family there are too many bugs. It affected so much iptv, games and i switch Error: RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Rule not found in chain on everything was the final nail

Message 17 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that @gycuk1 but thank you for the feedback so far, it is really helpful. I'm confident the next build will be more stable, it is just the first build for the 700 so expected there would be some issues.
Message 18 of 20
gycuk1
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Sorry to hear that @gycuk1 but thank you for the feedback so far, it is really helpful. I'm confident the next build will be more stable, it is just the first build for the 700 so expected there would be some issues.

Hi Fraser

I fully understand it is just a beta, and there will be better in 2021. At the moment what with Covid everything is being done on the Internet and we need it for school, games home life and seeing family we are unable to vist due to Covid.So dicided to go back to stable for me

For me the XR700 Is still the best Home router i have ever used and seen. No matter what is thrown at it works.  i can also see 3.0 being the best firmware

Merry Xmas and a happy new year ( lets be honest it cant be anyworse than 2020)

Message 19 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@gycuk1 totally understand that and thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family too. Absolutely, lets hope for a much better year!
Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7