× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: port triggering Halo 5 Guardians

Retired_Member
Not applicable

port triggering Halo 5 Guardians

im doing port triggering on my router but need to know the outbound port for halo 5 guardians! i know the other info to enter for the 2 ranges(30000,30040) but need to know the triggering port(outboundport) first! I've looked on waypoint, looked on google and everything just keeps taking me to port forwarding Not port triggering : /
Message 1 of 23
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I agree, there's not a lot of info online for this. What's the reason for settings up port triggering? Are you having trouble with NAT type?

Message 2 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Port forwarding and port triggering are both allowed to be done I'm choosing port triggering that's all
Message 3 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My router allows me to do it and I don't want to do DMZ because I don't want all of my ports open. I just need to know triggering port number and if everything is going to be udp or tcp. I noticed that someone's post was answered a while ago when asking for the starting and ending ports I'm assuming they knew what the triggering Port was although it wasn't said in the post. Being that netduma built the UI, I'm led to believe that they would know what the triggering Port is for Halo 5
Message 4 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

ive asked my isp, Microsoft, Xbox, searched google which took me to Port forwarding. com or whatever, everything gives me the options for port forwarding. If someone brought up b4 about the starting and ending ports, than im sure someone on this site here HAS to know where i can at least FIND the answer im looking for😔otherwise what's the point of giving us the port triggering UI if all the information needed to fill it out wasnt known ahead of time by the developers😔
Message 5 of 23
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

What's the reason for wanting to use Port Triggering? DMZ wouldn't be insecure if that's your concern, there's still a firewall on the DumaOS routers. Someone on the forum may know this, the settings page was built by Netgear but to be fair, they don't need to know the trigger port for every service to implement the feature.

Message 6 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The reason I'm wanting to do Port triggering is because everything I read about it says that it's better so why wouldn't I want to choose a better service and if I'm looking to find the triggering port for a specific game where would I find that. I was told to post my question here so I'm assuming someone will stumble across this post with a possible answer correct? Since it is pretty straightforward that I just want to experience the service that is offered I don't see a reason as to why I shouldn't be allowed to pursue this. If I were inquiring about something with port forwarding I feel I would have gotten an answer by now yet it's almost as if I'm being steered away from wanting to take part in a service that is offered to everyone, or maybe im just taking all these replies the wrong way lol.
Message 7 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

to be fair, if a large number of ppl were inquiring the same thing i feel as though finding a possible solution would be more widely available. Since its not widely used but still offered is this where i should be posting the question or didnt i read your 1st reply to my inquiry wrong?
Message 8 of 23
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I don't mean to steer you away from this, just wondering if I can help with an alternative solution as I personally don't have the information you're looking for. You're right, it's entirely possible a Halo player who's done this already will know the answer and let you know. Hopefully a member of the community will be able to help with this, otherwise if you'd like to look into other ways of getting an Open NAT, let me know!

Message 9 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

oh don't worry... ill be MORE than happy to post that entire conversation between that gentleman and the person he was getting the advice from by Duma! They had a very lengthy talk about how the gentleman noticed certain ports active when searching a game or after a game of team slayer (30000,30040), and all i noticed is that either there was missing information on his end due to him not needing it cuz he already knew(triggering port) or both him and the person from duma knew so thrgh the umpteen msgs sent bck n forth it wasnt ever mentioned. Yet during the whole talk, the guy from Duma was completely agreeing and not only that but that the gentleman should do this or that with his findings. So someone from Duma DOES know the triggering port for halo 5(which is all im looking for btw) or could at LEAST point me in the right direction on what kind of test i could do on my pc(maybe cmdprmpt or somthn) that would show me the activity on my home network! Listen, alls im saying is this exACT discussion im having right now was alREADY done before by someone else yet for some reason no company, forum or support agent seems to know what clearly has to be out there... why!? if the triggering port is available for SOME games, all im asking is how did they find that OUT for those specific games! Id be MORE than willing to figure it all out on my own but noone's even willing to point me in the direction of how to go about doing that on my own either!? I find it hard to believe that NOone has any idea on how to go about this... there's nothing more frustrating than when you exhaust every possible resource and everyone seems to rather avoid a problem as apposed to helping someone figure out a solution! Its funny when you notice it more and more cuz im starting to see a pattern with everyone more willing to offer solutions already figured out instead of trying to solve new problems smh. Im not surprised anything its taking Duma as long as it is to finish ANYthing over there : / freaking JOKE!

Message 10 of 23
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yes, if you could provide a link to that conversation then we can certainly pursue that and hopefully find this for you.

As we've both found, there's very little information about it online because there are easier solutions to the problem, however a lot of games use port 3074 so you could certainly try this as the trigger port.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Message 11 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

LoL I'll be sure to tell you, just as much as you helped me...

Message 12 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 13 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 14 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

there ya go buddy... .. .

Message 15 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

my point here is the entire time i was discussing the matter, the only thing any of you tried doing was getting me to do anything BUT what i was trying to do! OR wondering why i was inquiring about a feature ALREADY made available by YOUR systems... all i was trying to do is exACTLY what el1t3k was trying to do...PERIOD...

Message 16 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Those screenshots are referring to a feature that is essentially Traffic Prioritization, nothing to do with forwarding or triggering ports. As mentioned in that topic as well by the user, the port changes frequently so there is not one port you could put as the trigger port. Based on that you could make 40 trigger rules theoretically if you really wanted to do that.

You could bridge a connection to your Xbox through a PC and run Wireshark if you want to see the exact ports being used/double check those findings.
Message 17 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nothing to do with port forwarding or triggering? So why then are all of the terms spoke of in that conversation found

within the Port Triggering tab for my routers UI? I guess that's just a coensidence then right, lol?

Besides, I'd love taking all day to do repetative tasks like that, since that's for me to decide what's worth my time or not.

So again... why couldn't you just simply tell me this before instead of right now?

Seems easy enough for you to be mentioning this long after the fact...

Message 18 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

it's good to know how long things have to be drug out or escalated for me to actually here something back from the original partner lol. You guys are doing a hell of a job over there lmao

Message 19 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They are referring to a feature called Hyper Traffic which was the early name for what is now Traffic Prioritization. You could specify ports in Hyper Traffic, that is the similarity with Triggering. It's the first time I have posted in this topic, previously my colleague was assisting you. Sorry to hear you feel that way.
Message 20 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

PT or PF isn't needed for Halo. I've never used these. The OS works fine when using default settings. Played a few times on my XR450 connected to a CM1200 and CAX80 modem. Zero issues. Seems like this maybe a end user configuration/error issue. 

Oh well. 

Message 21 of 23
That_GamerYT
Apprentice

Sorry if this is a little late, but try making the triggering port 53 (DNS). I did port triggering with COD using that port and got an open NAT. You can also try other common ports like 80 (HTTP), 3074 (XBOX/Gaming), etc. I'm pretty sure the triggering port is the one that takes in your request (Destination port to server). So if you visited an HTTPS website and made the triggering port 443, it would open/forward the needed ports until the time-out that you set (At least I think that's how it works). Hope this helps.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 22 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya the user has left the building. Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for posting. 

Message 23 of 23
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation