× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

this series is for gaming first

defiled669
Apprentice

this series is for gaming first

i also wanted everyone to keep in mind it doesnt matter if you have the fastest ping, if your connection is unstable you are probably in worse shape than a guy with high ping with stability, the reason ive posted this is to remind people that if an app that really does do anything for gaming needs attention save the info for later days. right now qos is not working high prioroitization not working upnp not working anti bufferbloat not really working great. geo filter is not working properly, and games need to be added to profile for all gaming devices not just pc. ping heat map should coexist with geo filter and maybe away qos and anti bufferbloat should be auto detect depending on what game you are playing. i bought my xr500 so i could play at a top tier level at something i loved to do.i will honestly tell you for 2 years its been a joke, cause i live nowhere close to any servers to any game i like to play, but the one thing i loved about my xr500 was i could set my geo filter to strict and not pick up a dedicated server outside my circle, but in the beta if i dont have filetered on, strict is useless it tries to put me all over the globe. and with games like call of duty modern warfare where the sbmm is so wacked out, it gets frustrating. i understand everyone wants new apps but if these apps are not optimized to work together and be useful then whats the point. ping heat map is like seeing a lambo but not having a lambo, why waste your time with it. connection benchmark the same if it cant monitor the speed with anti bufferbloat and only reads qos its not helping. auto speed adjust another thing thats really in the way if qos is broken and only helps with either upload or download not both. and fiber gig internet is being pushed everywhere if the router cant get but 1200 pasthrough its not helping because its picking upload or download and drastically nerfing the speed for the other, which is causing major lag and buffer bloat issues in games. 

this is a beta to test these things see what we can do to get these to work properly and effectively. no need to add glitchy features is they dont really help or can be optimized to be a better app. yes ping heat map im talking to you, why cant we pick the servers from there that we want to play on and block the ones we dont, still feel like this app is useless if it is not somehow combined with geo filter. there really needs to be something that analyzes your gaming traffic and automatically adjust for a more smooth and responsive gaming expierience

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: this series is for gaming first

Can you explain what you mean by the features aren't working properly? Eventually we will do some sort of combination between heatmap and the Geo-Filter, it is hardly useless though to know where all the servers are so you can then use that to use the best Geo settings. If you don't have Filtering Mode on then it won't filter, that is expected.
Message 2 of 5
defiled669
Apprentice

1 qos is strangling bandwidth down load speeds on my gig speed only registers 500 out of a gig while upload speed registers 850 plus.

this makes upload un stable, and inconcistent.

2 geo filter strict mode supposed to ensure you do not connect to dedicated servers out side your server, but if you turn off filtering mode it wants to connect outside the circle. filtering mode supposed to restrict players from your circle.where as i said strict blocks dedicated servers, but if i turn off filtering mode, strick mode stops blocking dedicated servers from my circle.

3 traffic prioitization. if you try to put a device in traffic prioritization and use the advanced settings, qos stops working.

4 upnp dmz are  causing traffic prioitization to not put traffic packetts 

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

1. Is this on Speedtest.net?
2. The Geo-Filter settings only work if you have the Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode, that is expected behavior.
3. By QoS what do you mean, CC, Allocation, TP? What rules are you entering?
4. What rules are you entering for TP?
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7