× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: x300 netduma v3.0

Msameh
Tutor

x300 netduma v3.0

Dears
I just bought the x300 router and noticed that its the only version that still didnt get the beta update for the latest netduma v3.0 upgrade

So do you guys have estimation on when it will be available
Actually the geofilter in v2.0 is way less efficient compared to v3.0

Did i take the wrong decision when i bought the old model and should have went with the x450 for example?
Message 1 of 24

Currently, the XR300 doesn't yet have a beta. However it's coming for sure, there's just no ETA at the moment. DUMA OS 3.0 comes preinstalled on the XR1000, but you can also try the beta on the XR450, XR500, and XR700. Be aware that the XR1000 and XR300 are currently missing Hybrid VPN and all NETGEAR routers lack Adblocker (And chances are since the XR300 is a budget gaming router, it will lack the same DUMA OS 3.0 features as the XR1000, maybe worse), but yes, the Geofencing in 3.0 is a big improvement. Here's where you can find the betas:

XR450 

XR500 

XR700

Just click on the first message that links to the Dropbox URL posted by the official NETDUMA/NETGEAR user and download the .img file (Typically the bigger file). Then, login to the router and manually upgrade the downloaded file into the router's "Firmware Upgrade
 tab using "Browse" and once it's upgrading, DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS AS DOING SO CAN RESULT IN CORRUPTED FIRMWARE AND TFTP IS NOT FUN. Don't try installing the betas on the XR300 either as this will lead to bad issues.

Message 2 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Good answer above, unforunately we don't have an ETA for the release of DumaOS 3.0 beta for the XR300, but I've spoken with the team and it's definitely still happening! Thanks for your patience.

Message 3 of 24
Compoza_
Luminary

If I were you, I would bought the XR450 instead. There has been no ETA at the moment for xr300 over a year now!

@Msameh wrote:
Dears
I just bought the x300 router and noticed that its the only version that still didnt get the beta update for the latest netduma v3.0 upgrade

Did i take the wrong decision when i bought the old model and should have went with the x450 for example?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 24
Msameh
Tutor

The problem is that I already bought the xr300 , it's really unfortunate and was not a wise descison , as i am struggling with the netduma v2.0. and I was hoping to have the v3.0 , but it seems that its not coming anytime soon , I wish that i did a good research before and went with the xr450! I wasted the money eventually 

Message 5 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It will definitely be coming not to worry, I do understand it's been awhile and appreciate it's frustrating. If you're having issues with the current firmware do make a new topic and we'll do our best to resolve your issues.
Message 6 of 24
tim51
Aspirant

@Msameh wrote:
Dears

Message 7 of 24
DashRip
Tutor

It feels like xr300 doesn't got the specs for Dumas 3.0 or some devs they dont got the time to waste on that router(too cheap or too old) for a "free" update. So people don't ask for the update is not coming and there's no evidence of a coming update for the xr300, not a single hint or a official page saying it. That's the way is feels is been like a year saying the same thing is "coming".
Message 8 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It can definitely handle it, we have the beta on our first router which we launched in 2014 and no longer sell - that doesn't even have AC WiFi so no problem in that regard. I realize it is frustrating and I wish I had more info to give at the moment.
Message 9 of 24
Msameh
Tutor

Thank you for your reply

But i am really facing hardtime with the geo filter on v2.0...i am really desperate for the 3.0 and i am considering selling my 1 month old router to buy another one with v3.0 support..so is there any hope to have v3 soon on xr300 or i move on and replace the router? I definitely took unwise wrong decision by going for an older model because it seems it will be always the case when it comes to the updates 😞
Message 10 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I couldn't say when it would be available unfortunately, it might not be for a little while yet
Message 11 of 24
j4c0ni
Initiate

More than a year has passed since you promise to give at least some information. Be more open with the community. Give some information. And then your attitude is a spit to all owners of xr300

Message 12 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When I have some information to share I definitely will
Message 13 of 24
j4c0ni
Initiate

That is, you have no information at all. There is even no information whether this firmware is in development at the xr300 stand or has not yet been started. If so, at what stage. And then it turns out idle talk for a whole year. "When I have some information to share I definitely will" means that for a whole year you have not received any information on this issue. Zero competence.

Message 14 of 24
Dibola
Aspirant

It's not a matter of imcompitence, it's a matter of a budget router on the back burner since it isn't their bread and butter. Obviously they're not working on it atm. TBH, wouldn't be surprised if the upgrade does get canceled because by the time that it will roll out better routers will be available. Team is prob understaffed.

Message 15 of 24
iAmazing
Tutor

Its doesnt matter if is a budget router or its the worst router they have... if its still on the market and isnt announce discontinued by the manufacturer, updates and after sale support must be carried on... What you just explained is mediocre company mindset, lol...
A good company is always improving its consumer experience to give top notch products so the consumer is happy, because a happy client is the best marketing you will have.
If NETGear doesnt send the DumaOS 3.0 this year, for the X300 is one more prove that they are a mediocre company like everyone reports at NETDuma forum, lol... 

Message 16 of 24
Dibola
Aspirant

In a perfect world that would be the case, but mostly no unless it's a vuneralbility or major bug from a recent-ish router. moreso if it's flagship.

Message 17 of 24
LordNecro
Aspirant

Yes, extremely disappointed as well. Any updates for XR300 DUMA OS 3.0? It doesnt function as described; https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29275-how-to-remove-offline-devices-from-router/page/4/#comments

Message 18 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I've responded to you on the ND Forum.

Message 19 of 24
Msameh
Tutor

is there any update about the x300 netduma v3 update?

Message 20 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Not as yet I'm afraid, there have been more discussions about it internally and ourselves/Netgear are still looking to port DumaOS 3.0 over to it. Due to the hardware of the XR300, it's a lot more complicated than the other routers in the lineup, hence why this has taken so long. That being said, as long as there's a way to do it, we'll make sure it gets done.

Message 21 of 24
softgrip
Aspirant

Any update on this?

The lack of transparency and information is a huge letdown.

Been a customer for 20 years.

Message 22 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

For the XR300 I don't have an update that I can share just yet. I can certainly understand why it's so frustrating, I'll be able to share an update on it for you all soon though.

Message 23 of 24
Compoza_
Luminary

@softgrip wrote:

Any update on this?

The lack of transparency and information is a huge letdown.

Been a customer for 20 years.

It won't come out, they have been saying that they have no ETA as long as I can remember from February, 2021!  

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 24 of 24
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7