× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2 part question

Wyzfar
Aspirant

2 part question

Hello so basically i have 2 questions about Geo Filter and my ps4 device 

1. so with the geofilter i play competitive call of duty the matches for tournamnets are made through a website and then one of the teams member hosts a custom game so me setting up a range on the geofilter is uneeded (Right?) because the host could be anywhere, would there be any advantage of me setting up a range for this, would it actually be hurting me if i put this on if someone is hosting outside of my range i set ?

2. For some reason when i portforward i see the ip of the device i want to port forward my (PS4) but the name is listed as <unknown>

But when i am viewing it in the Device manage i named it Ps4 and i also set the device type as playstation so why is it not showing up its almost like my Nighthawk isnt registering my ps4 or something ........ Please Help !

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: 2 part question

1. No need for the Geo-Filter here, yes it could prevent you joining if they were outside your radius.
2. That will just be an aesthetic issue, nothing that will impact performance. The Netgear settings part hasn't detected what the device is properly.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7