× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2019 XR500 still dropping internet 4 years later

Surverok
Aspirant

2019 XR500 still dropping internet 4 years later

Ive had this router for a few weeks now and it constantly drops internet connection. Ive spent the past 2 days reading through similar posts that stretch back to at least 2016. Every post is an interrogation followed by a "download this firmware" and its obviously not helping anyone. I tried to contact support but was sent to a third party to make ANOTHER account to get help. I need to speak to a human being from planet Earth and get this fixed soon or I will be returning this router.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

1. the xr500 was released in January 2018. 

2. to contact support you go to the top of the page and click mynetgear and register your account. You'll then register your device. From there you can access your 90 days of free support. It isn't a 3rd party site and if you're using a 3rd party site, you're probably not doing it correctly. 

Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, also could you tell us what you have tried to resolve the issue as well and we can potentially make further suggestions.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@Surverok wrote:
Ive had this router for a few weeks now and it constantly drops internet connection. Ive spent the past 2 days reading through similar posts that stretch back to at least 2016. Every post is an interrogation followed by a "download this firmware" and its obviously not helping anyone. I tried to contact support but was sent to a third party to make ANOTHER account to get help. I need to speak to a human being from planet Earth and get this fixed soon or I will be returning this router.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7