× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 4k Streaming

Danny80916
Luminary

any other ideas to try ?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 26 of 42
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

This is such an odd one. The fact you are getting high bandwidth speeds delivered to all other devices suggests there is either an issue with Vudu, or an issue with its compatibility with router.

Is there any way you can wire the Vudu directly into your modem or another router and see if it then works? It will help us to isolate where the problem is.

Message 27 of 42
Danny80916
Luminary

So yea it works when pluged directly into the modem. I thought it was a isp problem till they had me bypass the router when i bypassed the router is when i realized the router was causing the problems. For some reason its all 4k content on my sony smart tv youtube buffers nonstop vudu buffers once in awhile sony ulrta buffers. but once router is on disable QoS it all works fine and insta loads ,so for example when i stream a movie on my sony tv with QoS on netflix it buffers for like 10 seconds or so but once QoS is off I click on a movie and it loads instantly. When QoS is on for sony blu ray player x700 it wont load vudu 4k at all says network error constantly till i turn the movie down to hdx then it will buffer then load. WIth Qos off all works fine I have done all steps the other netduma person suggested. So My network setup is SB8200...XR500...S8000...R8000....EX8000. So If i connect my sony blu ray wireless to my NighthawkX6 that runs through the xr500 to the sb8200 It will load sony updates and vudu with QoS on. But once its plugged dirrectly into the xr500 that runs to the sb8200 modem it will not connect to the sony update page or vudu with QoS on.

Message 28 of 42
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Ok, thank you for the summary. So the issue looks to be a compatibility with QoS.

Could you just set your QoS like this and try one more time. If this doesn't work we will need to report this as a bug:

1. Open Anti-Bufferbloat options and enable QoS
  2. Also in the options, change your bandwidth speeds to a very high value e.g. 1000mbps
  3. Set Anti-Bufferbloat to Never
  4. On Bandwidth Allocation, click Reset Distribution on Download. Then click Upload and do the same.
  5. On Bandwidth Allocation Options, make sure 'Share Excess' is enabled on both Download and Upload (you will need to toggle between the two). Click Update Distribution each time to save your settings
  6. On Traffic Prioritization, make sure DumaOS Classified Games is checked, and delete any manual rules you added
  7. Go to >Settings >Advanced Settings >UPNP and make sure it's enabled

Please try all of this and then retry. Thanks.

Message 29 of 42
Danny80916
Luminary

ok all done still getting Error the moment QoS is back on

Message 30 of 42
XRaptor29
Luminary

4K strreaming requires a minimum of 25Mbps. Try setting the 4K streaming device to 25 or 30Mbps download on the QoS.
Message 31 of 42
Danny80916
Luminary

I had it at 200mbs

Message 32 of 42
XRaptor29
Luminary

Is the TV wired or Wireless? If Wireless how far away from the router is it?
Message 33 of 42
Danny80916
Luminary

Wired have switched cables from cat5e to cat 6 also have done wireless with router about 11 inchs away on 5ghz band with nothing else on that band.

Message 34 of 42
XRaptor29
Luminary

With QoS on, have you tried rebooting the devices having issues?
Message 35 of 42
Danny80916
Luminary

yep all 4 of my sony devices are having the same problem with QoS on  x800 x700 4k players cant stream 4k or connect to sony update page with QoS on. 900F smart tv 850C smart tv all stutter and buffer constantly with QoS on.

Message 36 of 42
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Danny - sorry these steps did not fix your issue. Do you have any availability next week for a 1-1? Our test engineer will have a look at your router and see if he can figure out what is causing the problem. We are in the UK, so if you are in the USA, morning to mid-afternoon is easier for us.

Thanks.

Message 37 of 42
Danny80916
Luminary

I am off All sunday I usally work till about 5pm est time Tuesday I can do it also if sunday is not good

Message 38 of 42
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Tuesday what time?
Message 39 of 42
Danny80916
Luminary

8am my time what is 10.00 am EST