× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A few serious issues with my XR500

JoshGre
Aspirant

A few serious issues with my XR500

First i'd like to start by saying thank you for having me 🙂

My current set up is a DM200 in Bridge Mode with an XR500. 

The main serious, and infuriating issue i'm having at the minute is, some of my devices are not connecting properly. As an example, I have a nest thermostat. When I update the temprature on my phone, the Nest never seems to receive the change. I've tried forwarding the ports, setting a static IP, disabling all QoS and nothing seems to be working. The same thing with my Sonos speakers, when I attempt to enable auto update or enable a new skill, I cant. I have hooked up another Modem/Router that I got from the ISP and instantly no issues and everything works. I've been through every setting on the router and i'm at a total loss. When i'm on my laptop or xbox, the internet works flawlessly. I just cant understand why this is happening. When I set the router up and go through all the setup, it never ever gets a reading on the upload speed, only the download speed. Not sure if this makes a difference?

Also, another querky issue i've had, but is no major problem for me is, when i've changed the SSID, the router's GUI has pretty much ground to a halt. I dont know if anyone else has had this issue?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, I really appreacite it! 

Any advice or ideas is welcomed 😄 😄 

EDIT: Firmware is the latest firmware also. I have also tried an earlier firmware and that gave the same issues.

Firmware version XR500 V2.3.2.32
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JoshGre
Aspirant

Just to update everyone, I managed to figure out what this was. It turned out to be a faulty DM200 and replacement is on its way 🙂 

Change the modem out for the ISP modem and worked perfectly. After a chat with Netgear support, they confirmed the current modem is faulty. 

Thanks everyone 🙂 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JoshGre
Aspirant

Just to update everyone, I managed to figure out what this was. It turned out to be a faulty DM200 and replacement is on its way 🙂 

Change the modem out for the ISP modem and worked perfectly. After a chat with Netgear support, they confirmed the current modem is faulty. 

Thanks everyone 🙂 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Well done for figuring this out and thanks for letting us know!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7