× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A possible buyer but I have a question about Geo location option/feature

ConsoleGamer
Aspirant

A possible buyer but I have a question about Geo location option/feature

Hi there, I'm a possible buyer of a Netgaer router and the reason behind that is that I've seen some people 

using some tricks to make Destin 2 game matchmake them with their other acounts on their other consoles to boost their main acount in crucible and trials of osiris. There was a guy who had 2 consoles or more, and he was the fireteam leader in both teams

and once the round is about to start he canceld the matchmaking therefore the game loaded the 2nd team into a match against no one and they got a free win.

That guy refused to tell us how he did that, and I've heard this trick was there since the 1st year of Destiny 2, my assumption that they use a router that enable a goe location feature or something like that becuase Desiny puts the fireteams leaders from the same goe loction against each other.

Anyways, I just need to know if i can matchmake my 1st acount (on my 1st console) against my 2nd acount (on my 2nd console)

by using a Netgaer router I Do Not need to know the details right now I Just need to know that will be possible and I'll ask about the details after I buy a Netgear router.

Thx in advance

Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: A possible buyer but I have a question about Geo location option/feature

You used to be able to do this but it is not possible anymore due to their recent network changes
Message 2 of 5
ConsoleGamer
Aspirant

Thx 4 replaying, it happend a few days ago ppl still do it so there got to be a way to do it 

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There may be a way but not one we are aware of. You can still use the router to get the best connection.
Message 4 of 5
ConsoleGamer
Aspirant

I'll wait for the router users if they have anything to share thx 4 answering

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7