× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1750 R6700v2 couldn't accsess to admin page over internet

spialex75
Aspirant

AC1750 R6700v2 couldn't accsess to admin page over internet

I have R6700v2.

I want to access to admin page of router over internet.

I created free no-ip account, have netgear account.

But I can't access to admin page over internet.

From LAN  I've access to admin page without any problem.

I found in Netgear support information:

"If your ISP assigns a private WAN IP address (such as 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x), the Dynamic DNS service does not work because private addresses are not routed on the Internet."

My ISP got me WAN IP address 10.x.x.x.

But, with 10.x.x.x. I can access to a USB flash drive that connected to USB 3.0 port of my R6700v2 over internet (I using ReadyCloud for access) without any problem...

Can I get access to admin page of my R6700v2 over internet, by having WAN IP 10.x.x.x. ?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@spialex75 wrote:

Can I get access to admin page of my R6700v2 over internet, by having WAN IP 10.x.x.x. ?

If you are desperate to the additional risks involved, you can talk to your ISP for assigning a public routable IPv4 address. This might be impossible because of some low-cost contract terms, or come with a price tag. You might hear that they are offering IPv6 - however as many ISP still don't offer IPv6 your router will remain unreachable.

@spialex75 wrote:

But, with 10.x.x.x. I can access to a USB flash drive that connected to USB 3.0 port of my R6700v2 over internet (I using ReadyCloud for access) without any problem...

ReadyCloud does establish the connectivity over Netgear ReadyCloud infrastructure, there is no connection established to your router whatever assigned IP addres on the Internet/WAN port.

This is not a Netgear issue or limitation by the way at all.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in this forum for you model router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

@spialex75 wrote:

I have R6700v2.

I want to access to admin page of router over internet.

I created free no-ip account, have netgear account.

But I can't access to admin page over internet.

From LAN  I've access to admin page without any problem.

I found in Netgear support information:

"If your ISP assigns a private WAN IP address (such as 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x), the Dynamic DNS service does not work because private addresses are not routed on the Internet."

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Please post about this in this forum for you model router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Moderators can move threads easily - much better than having lots of duplicate if people re-post in other sections, and mods are moving things later on. However, the moderators are not really on full duty - same applies to the (not) banning and handling of Spam and Scam.

The answer to the OPs' question will remain the same - router WAN/Internet ports receiving Private IP (RFC1918) or Carrier Grade NAT (RFC6598) can't be reached direct over the wild Internet.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7