× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900

Cagnor18
Follower

AC1900

So, I bought this router 2 years ago and registered it under my account. I forgot my security questions and had to factory reset my modem. Now I'm trying to register the router under my account since it says I have no products and I can't get it to register since it already was registered. Can someone please help me out! I'm trying to do a live stream here in 6 hours and would love to have my router working at it's full potential again, My buddy recently sent me the Nighthawk x6 tri band router and I also had to factory reset that and tried doing the same thing with that better router and now both of my routers, the one I originally purchased and the router my friend sent me are now bottlenecked since I can't register them and fine tune my settings. I have the originial purchase reciept of my original router is anyone from the NETGEAR services can help me so I can register atleast my old router back online. 

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1900

1. you don't need to register them to use them. they can be used without being registered. 

2. be specific with device and model numbers. you jump from router to modem to extender. Plus you're using ac1900 or triband router as a model. it isn't, its a speed or capability. So what devices do you have? look at the label for the model number.

if you go to netgear.com/support/  and type in your actual  model number, you get install guides. These are key for setting up new devices. Like I said, they don't need to be registered to use. Also, setup tends to go the most smooth when you're hardwired into a device. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7