× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Announcement: New DumaOS Feature - Connection Benchmarking

bacevedo
Community Manager

Announcement: New DumaOS Feature - Connection Benchmarking

NPG_PRODUCT_BENCHMARKING_2020-5-7_COMM.jpg

Having a good Internet line is a vital part of every home- whether it’s getting high speeds for streaming to having a stable line forgaming. But current ways of measuring your line are inaccurate, since they can only run on your home devices and not on your line

itself.

We designed Connection Benchmark to solve this problem.

Connection Benchmark is a pure test of your Internet line, measuring all the key metrics you care about with extreme accuracy. This lets you find out if you’re truly getting the Internet speeds you pay for, and how high quality the line to your home really is.

Because the test runs directly on your DumaOS Powered router rather than from a PC or phone, it is the most accurate and powerful test of its kind. It cannot be weakened by a poor connection between your device and your router like a normal speed test can, giving

you the ultimate insight into your home connection.

Connection_Benchmark_Gif.gif

Each test you run will grade your line based on your speeds, ping and bufferbloat results, indicating whether there’s a problem and informing your QoS settings. Soon you will be able to find out how your results compare to other people in your region or on your ISP, so

you can see how well supported your area is and whether your home falls below average.

DumaOS 3.0 is the biggest update we have ever built, effectively doubling the feature set. Application QoS is just one of many features coming to your router with DumaOS 3.0, so stay tuned for our next feature announcement.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
YT-xIndicaxHigh
Aspirant

Re: Announcement: New DumaOS Feature - Connection Benchmarking

Can you guys allow ping assist to allow searching for games lower than 30ms! 30ms is great & all but, I'd like to try to hit lower ping rates like 20 or 10 or at least 15. I honestly don't mind longer search times just to get a good lobby! Also when using Geo-Filter. Ive been having issues with it. I have it set to washington state to Oregon search radius set to 500 miles & i keep getting into 80ms ping lobbys! When i have my ping assist without fast search set to 30 an this is with filtered mode on for my gaming pc set to call of duty! Even had it in BO4 on console. So i thing Geo-Filter has been bugging out lately! I never use fast search becuase you know cod tirrible matchmaking  but, I'd like to see improvements on the gaming side! You know it is a gaming router. 

Message 2 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

@YT-xIndicaxHigh wrote:

Can you guys allow ping assist to allow searching for games lower than 30ms! 30ms is great & all but, I'd like to try to hit lower ping rates like 20 or 10 or at least 15. I honestly don't mind longer search times just to get a good lobby! Also when using Geo-Filter. Ive been having issues with it. I have it set to washington state to Oregon search radius set to 500 miles & i keep getting into 80ms ping lobbys! When i have my ping assist without fast search set to 30 an this is with filtered mode on for my gaming pc set to call of duty! Even had it in BO4 on console. So i thing Geo-Filter has been bugging out lately! I never use fast search becuase you know cod tirrible matchmaking  but, I'd like to see improvements on the gaming side! You know it is a gaming router. 

There's nothing stopping you from setting the Ping Assist value lower. The limitation is really on the user's connection.

Message 3 of 11
YT-xIndicaxHigh
Aspirant

Not true with ping assist set to 30ms! I can get 30ms all the time but, The second i toggle 20ms or 10ms! My ping ingame when i join that lobbys spikes upto 80-100ms an when i toggle it back to 30ms boom im back to 30 ping lobbys again. I think its a bug in the Geo Filter settings. So im stuck with setting my ping assist to 30 until it allows me to set it lower an that issue is fixed! 

Message 4 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Probably what is happening there is that you're unable to get games under 30ms so it's probably superseding this in order to get you a game. That's something we can look at for 3.0 and see if there is a better way to do it/fix it if it is a bug.
Message 5 of 11
YT-xIndicaxHigh
Aspirant

Yeah i'd love for you guys to do that! See whats going wrong an why its not allowing me to search for those lobbys. 

Message 6 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What's your base ping - do a wired speed test when nothing is using the internet. That will give me a good idea at what the minimum ping to games is that you're likely to get.
Message 7 of 11
RamboJoe
Tutor

Looks amazing I can't wait for it, good job

Message 8 of 11
maikellio
Aspirant

Podría pasarme beta dumaos 3.0 para netgear xr300? Por favor
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 9 of 11
wagonetkagz
Aspirant

@WalgreensListens wrote:
Podría pasarme beta dumaos 3.0 para netgear xr300? Por favor

I honestly don't mind longer search times just to get a good lobby! Also when using Geo-Filter. Ive been having issues with it. I have it set to washington state to Oregon search radius set to 500 miles & i keep getting into 80ms ping lobbys! When i have my ping assist without fast search set to 30 an this is with filtered mode on for my gaming pc set to call of duty! Even had it in BO4 on console.

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Put Ping Assist to 0, do you see a difference then?
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7