× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Another Problem? What am I doing wrong?

P111
Luminary

Another Problem? What am I doing wrong?

OK, having discovered that the XR500 has an exhaustive list of 14 games and that I need to set up my other 886 games manaully, which I don't understand how to do, and I would have been just as well off with any other router, and the manual entry is bugged anyway, I thought ~ lets see if I can find out what ports my games use then. I looked in the router and thought that the UPnP table should tell me. Except there is never anything in the UPnP table. Now UPnP seems to actually work, but why is the table always empty? Is this another thing broken in the router or I am misunderstanding something? I have tried games the router supposedly supports like Fornite and games it doesn't support ( like just about everything else ) and nothing, there is never anything in the table.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Another Problem? What am I doing wrong?

What browser are you using? Try IE11, FF or Opera?

Seems to be others reporting this:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26401-upnp-tables-empty-using-dhcp-reservation/

Not seen for me on my 450...

Message 2 of 4
P111
Luminary

Thank you.

I tried a number of browsers and yes you seem to be right that this another bug I have fallen over. I should be working for Netgear System Test, since apparently all their staff are on holiday! I have also seen this complaint for other types of Netgear router, seems to be a pretty common problem. It certainly would help if they fixed it for this one.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The UPnP table wouldn't be a good one to go off as it may not show all the ports at the time as only opens what it requested. You literally just need to type in the game + ports into Google or use this website instead: https://portforward.com/fortnite/

Some users are experiencing issues with UPnP populating the table even though it does work. Netgear devs are aware
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7