× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Anti bufferbloat's Upload slider doesn't give any effect!

Alewi
Apprentice

Anti bufferbloat's Upload slider doesn't give any effect!

Good evening,
Three days ago, I bought the xr500. I connected it to my modem wich is speed port smart provided from my ISP( Deutche Telekom). The anti bufferbloat's upload slider doesn't give any effect, whatever the number I put, it gives me the full upload bandwidth (42 Mbs). I spent three hours yesterday with the support service on phone and didn't reach a sulotion. I reset the router and the modem more than 5 times and still for nothing. So here I am asking the community hoping that anyone could have the same problem and have a solution for it.
Ps: I entered the user name and password of my ISP directly to the xr500 and the Vlan ID 7 as well within the vlan Tag box. Looking forward for your suggestions.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just an idea, if the ISP router doesn't have DMZ, it should have port forwarding, is that right? If so, port forward 1-65535 TCP/UDP to the XR500, that is basically what the DMZ does anyway. Then also disable the WiFi on the ISP router so all devices can connect to the XR500 and can be controlled by it.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

VLAN may be the cause here. Is there anyway for you to put the ISP hub into router mode and then the XR500 into its DMZ instead? If so that will probably resolve the issue and still allow you to get an open NAT.
Message 2 of 9
Alewi
Apprentice

Thanks for answering.
I suspected that the vlan tagging is the problem. I can set my ISP router in router mode, but it has no DMZ! I had an asus Gt-ac5300 before the xr500 and it was connected to my ISP modem, I was able to limit the bandwidth on download and upload without any broplem and everything was just great. I sold it and got the xr500 due to geofilter function, then I just have this upload slider problem. Is it possible that a new firmware update will solve the problem?
Message 3 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Yes it's certainly possible, but right now we're focusing on adding loads of new features in DumaOS 3.0

I don't know if we're specifically solving that bug, but I know a lot of issues are being ironed out in the new version.

In the mean time, Netgear may release updates that improve compatibility with VLAN tagging.

Message 4 of 9
Alewi
Apprentice

So, I have to wait an update to solve this bug.
Message 5 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Yes, but i'll make sure the team are aware of this bug.

Message 6 of 9
Alewi
Apprentice

Thank you for your answer Alex.
Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just an idea, if the ISP router doesn't have DMZ, it should have port forwarding, is that right? If so, port forward 1-65535 TCP/UDP to the XR500, that is basically what the DMZ does anyway. Then also disable the WiFi on the ISP router so all devices can connect to the XR500 and can be controlled by it.
Message 8 of 9
Alewi
Apprentice

Tell you what, I was just thinking of that while I got your email (: . Yes, it will work definitely. Thanks for your solution.
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7