× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Any recomendation on Anti -Bufferbloat with a slow ADSL 20mb down 1mb up settings

usermac
Luminary

Any recomendation on Anti -Bufferbloat with a slow ADSL 20mb down 1mb up settings

Any recomendation on Anti -Bufferbloat with a slow ADSL 20mb down 1mb up settings.

I am currently useing 70-70 on the down and up but my upload being one mega bit could cause an issue.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Any recomendation on Anti -Bufferbloat with a slow ADSL 20mb down 1mb up settings

I'd leave Bandwidth Allocation alone for the moment. Would suggest using this guide to find the sweet spot for anti bufferbloat http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Depends on what you all have connected at once and what they are doing. Do you notice any problems?

If your devices are online one at a time, then you can raise the levels. I used to use 99% since I was the only one gaming at night. Would be the only time it was needed for me.

Message 2 of 10
usermac
Luminary

Things connected most of the time PC,TWO PHONES,XBOX

I use gaming pc  100% of the time but ocasionly my missis will want to watch netflix on the Xbox and the anti bufferbloat flags high priorty traffic and this is why I was thinking I need to make the most of this whole bufferbloat.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Well, when the levels are set, either way, the router will adjust them to the needs based on whats online and whats the traffic is. So If your gaming and the misses is online streaming once in a while, you'll have to see if the configuration is working for you while gaming or maybe adjust them on the down some. Might Raise the level a bit and test again. You might find a sweet spot that works for you. Again of your the one thats doing the most and only online when others arent' you can raise the levels some.

Message 4 of 10
usermac
Luminary

Going to take a while finding this sweet spot Should I leave it at 70-70 and tweek the distribuition.

USERMAC IS MY GAMING PC 

Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd leave Bandwidth Allocation alone for the moment. Would suggest using this guide to find the sweet spot for anti bufferbloat http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection
Message 6 of 10
usermac
Luminary

If I am reading this right this anti bufferbloat it reducing ping spikes 95% of the time. On the graph when xbox is off my pc latency is around 11ms and then when I turn the xbox on and start a stream on twich for instance I get hugelatency spikes every 2 and half seconds. I then turn bufferbloat on and the graph stabilizes. 

Message 7 of 10
usermac
Luminary

impressive the latency towers when Bufferbloat is off what a difference. 

Message 8 of 10
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

That sounds about right to me - Anti-Bufferbloat should stabalise your connection when you're streaming, gaming and downloading at the same time. I'm glad it's working correctly!

Anti-Bufferbloat is entirely unique and tailored for gamers and streamers - we reckon it's the best solution out there and hopefully the results speak for themselves 😄

Message 9 of 10
usermac
Luminary

looking at the graph it is pen and ink good job

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7