× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: App for XR450?

LannaM
Aspirant

App for XR450?

Recently purchased a Nighthawk XR450 from Costco (solely because it wasn't much more than the regular one, and I have teenagers, so why not).

I tried downloading the Nighthawk app to my phone to easier get in and control settings (and booting children off internet when chores haven't been completed).  All I get is a lovely little page that says "WiFi Router Not Supported" with a cute photos of my XR450, and another statement that the app does not support my router model.  The routerlogin.net pages are a bit clunky on my smart phone, and doesn't sound like it has as many control options as the app.

While looking things up, everything keeps saying the Nighthawk app works with the XR450 router.  Except, it doesn't.  What am I missing?  Are all the lists, including ones on the Netgear site here, full of it?

Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
StKeWa
Guide

FYI, the app is working for me now for the XR450:

Hi Stephen,

Just checking in here to let you know the latest version of the app 2.2.7 now supports XR450.

Thanks,

NETGEAR team

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 19

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd raise a support ticket with Netgear, maybe that the router isn't on latest firmware or the app needs updating itself
Message 2 of 19
SteveMadison
Aspirant

Hi LannaM,
I just did the same thing and have the same results. I found the same link from setup works, although the page formatting isn’t very good on the iPhone. Hopefully Netgear informs us an app update is coming.
Message 3 of 19
LannaM
Aspirant

That's disappointing if the firmware isn't recent/updated, as it looks like this router came out last month, and it came home with me three days ago. Sigh. It's also monkeyed with my security system too, which is irritating to say the least.
Message 4 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's more likely the app hasn't been updated properly. If you create a support ticket they can look into it and escalate it to the appropriate development team.

If you're having issues with your security system LannaM make another topic and we'll do our best to help.
Message 5 of 19
JayBirde
Aspirant

Lanna,

The app you want to download is called Netgear Genie. I too have the XR450 and got the same message with the Nighthawk app. The Netgear Genie app will work for you!

Message 6 of 19
Morbidzero
Aspirant

The Netgear genie does not work with the xr450 I been trying to make it work but all I get on the network map is my phone and none of the other devices appear, so no way to control or even monitor what devices are on my network.
Message 7 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is this on PC? I'm not sure about the app as thats Netgear domain but you can do all those things on the router interface by accessing it through a web browser.
Message 8 of 19
StKeWa
Guide

Downloaded the Nighthawk app and still doesn't support the 450 even though it's listed on the device listings for the Nighthawk app.

Message 9 of 19
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Ok - we will let Netgear know about this issue.
Message 10 of 19
ms888
Aspirant

I dont understand why the XR450 is branded as a NightHawk device yet the app does not support it... has Netgear stated anything yet?

Message 11 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'll check the status when I'm in the office on Monday.
Message 12 of 19
StKeWa
Guide

This is email responce I got from Netgear:

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately XR450 is not officially supported by the app yet.  We hope this will be addressed in an upcoming app release update.

Thanks,

NETGEAR Team

Message 13 of 19
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I imagine the XR450 will be supported by the Netgear app soon then - thanks for letting us know what they said 🙂

Message 14 of 19
beeballinb70
Guide

Nighthawk app works with my xr450 nighthawk.. I just bought mine last sat, hooked it up Sunday
Message 15 of 19
StKeWa
Guide

Interesting mine still does not and I've updated the app and router firmware.
Message 16 of 19
schumaku
Guru

@StKeWa wrote:
Interesting mine still does not and I've updated the app and router firmware.
@beeballinb70 wrote:
Nighthawk app works with my xr450 nighthawk.. I just bought mine last sat, hooked it up Sunday

Probably different App versions, or different platforms (iOS vs. Android)? Lack of details...

Message 17 of 19
StKeWa
Guide

Good point, mine app is on Android.

Message 18 of 19
StKeWa
Guide

FYI, the app is working for me now for the XR450:

Hi Stephen,

Just checking in here to let you know the latest version of the app 2.2.7 now supports XR450.

Thanks,

NETGEAR team

Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7