× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Apple Devices (MBP, iPhone) unable to connect to XR500 on SmartConnect or Separate bands. Help!

XRVolt
Follower

Apple Devices (MBP, iPhone) unable to connect to XR500 on SmartConnect or Separate bands. Help!

Hello,

This morning, I was trying to set up a Kasa Smart switch to connect to my Wifi. Because Smartconnect automatically puts my phone on 5Ghz, I needed to be on 2.4 Ghz band. Therefore, I went into routerlogin.net and created 2 bands - 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz since SmartConnect would automatically put my smart switch to 5Ghz and therefore not make it connect.

Anyway, now I have gone back to my old set up with Smart Connect on and none of my Apple Devices are connecting to Wifi. Here is what I have done so far

1. Restarted Modem, Router including a 2-min dead no-electricity wait.
  2. Restarted all apple devices
  3. Gone back to Dual Band (Wifi Name, Wifi Name-5G) and my apple devices do not connect to either
  4. Reverted back to Smart Connect (Still no dice)
  5. Updated Firmware to latest version
  6. Disabled and then Enabled WMM because disabling did not fix the problem
  7. Disabled and then Enabled BeamForming because disabling did not fix the problem
  8. All Apple devices do not have a DHCP, ipv4 address

All my Windows devices work fine and give me perfect speed and connectivity. 

Why is this happening now and what should I do?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Apple Devices (MBP, iPhone) unable to connect to XR500 on SmartConnect or Separate bands. Help!

In the WiFi options on the Apple devices, forget the connection to the router. Then try reconnecting again, it will prompt you to put in the password, see if it connects properly then please.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7