× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BT Wholesale Service Information Page

apr17
Aspirant

BT Wholesale Service Information Page

Completely lost, hoping someone can direct me seeing as BT's telephone support is utterly useless.

Since moving house 2 days ago (this setup was working perfectly before that) I am unable to connect to any webpage and I'm just redirected to the BTWholesale Service Information webpage. The BT hub however has no issue connecting and loads pages just fine.

I have reset both modem and router to factory settings (numerous times), inputting my new login and password for BT SUPERFAST FIBRE UNLIMITED. The router and modem both show a connection however during the setup process the XR 500 was unable to run a speed test.

After a little googling, it seem for whatever reason the router set's to dial on demmand with a 5 minute idle timeout. I change the timeout to 0 and changed the setting to always on however that doesn't seem to have fixed the problems. 

If anyone can direct me so I can get rid of this homehub it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Looking online for similar issues it's usually on BT's side but given you only get it through the XR500 there must be something else happening. Start with changing the DNS to use something else like Google or Cloudflare and see if you get the same issue.
Message 2 of 5
BIG_DOG
Luminary

if you have an openreach modem and your XR500 is connected directly into that you really should be able to input your pppoe login details into the XR500 setup config (i have not been with BT since the XR500 came out so I cannot walk you through it but it should be pretty straight forward.

Your login details are standard for everyone and are as follows just incase you are inputting them incorrectly as the homehub (with the built in modem) automatically handshakes them.

username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

password: can be anything so long as it is not blank.

Hope this is helpful.

Message 3 of 5
apr17
Aspirant

Apologies, I realised I missed the fact I am using a Draytek 130 Modem. Again this was working fine at the last house. 

To clarify further, I purchased a new router and modem to test it today and I still run into the same issue. I have also manually updated the firmware on the new router and still get nothing. It says it's connected but still won't pass the speedtest. It also shows 0.004Mb downloads on the dashboard. 

Again, switching back to the BT home hub rectifies all these issues and I get my 50MB connection instantly. 

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you're getting it with another router as well then that means the ISP is blocking use of third party routers or the hub is setup to block it as a new connection. Put the XR500 in the hubs DMZ, does that resolve the issue?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7