× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bandwidth Allocation Issues After Firmware Update

Mygamertagsucks
Apprentice

Bandwidth Allocation Issues After Firmware Update

Hey everyone,
Since I updated my XR500s firmware, I keep having an issue with QoS settings. After I updated the firmware, I performed a factory reset by inserting a paper clip into the factory reset button, as it seems to be recommended.
My issue is that when I go to the Bandwidth Allocation>Devices, I give my PlayStation roughly 90% of the upload and 85% of the download. If I then go to the Geo-Filter settings, when I return to the QoS page, everything is set back to their original values, which is usually 20.
I have tried going to Bandwidth Allocation>Gaming, and set it to 90%, and then click on any other tab, when I come back to Bandwidth Allocation, it's always returned to it's default values. I do not know what is causing this.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you clicking 'Update bandwidth' after changing the sliders? Otherwise, these changes won't stick.

Let me know if that's the case.

Message 2 of 8
Mygamertagsucks
Apprentice

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I am clicking "Update Allocation" as well as "Save" on the box that opens up on the right side where you can slide the percentage up and down. I normally go to the PS4, use the slider to set my bandwidth to 15Mbps, which is roughly 90% of the upload. I click"Save" on the slider box, and "Update Settings" on the little flower page on the left. Then I do the same thing with the download settings. It never changes unless I check the Geo-Filter. There's nothing connecting to the network while I'm trying to play the PS4, so I'm not sure why the settings keep getting reset.
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I can't reproduce the issue you're having but if you're using devices instead of applications then come back to the page the view will default to applications. What web browser/device are you using to change the settings? Also you don't really need to give it that much bandwidth, it will use at most 1Mbps.
Message 4 of 8
Mygamertagsucks
Apprentice

Thanks again, for the continued replies. And, I'm sorry, again, for the delay. I get about one week a month I can game.
I'm running Windows 11, and opening the router login page via Chrome, but it does the same thing when I open it with Firefox.
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No worries, if it's not too much trouble would you be able to record a little video of how you're setting it and then showing it reverting? That would be the best way for me to see what is happening.
Message 6 of 8
Mygamertagsucks
Apprentice

I will absolutely grab a little video to show what's happening. I know I am not describing this very well.
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Nothing wrong with your description but it would definitely be helpful, sometimes there can be something I'll spot in a video that one may not think would have an affect or something that wouldn't come to mind immediately. Thank you!
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7