× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Battlefiled V PC Deep Packet Inspection

usermac
Luminary

Battlefiled V PC Deep Packet Inspection

Any chance the DumaOS Classified Games deep packet inspection for PC users will get some kind of cloud update to work with Battlefield V. So far when I am connected to online servers I see the servers names and ping are being detected but they are not triggering the High Priority.

I don't want to use console mode and I am unsure about adding ports manually and since this is a popular game right now I kind of expected that the duma os would have had this included in there list of classified games. 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Mac - we're working on this! Hopefully will be in the next firmware update, if not, we should be able to push via the Cloud at some point after the update.

Message 2 of 4
usermac
Luminary

I pleased to hear something is coming for battlefiled V.  I have another question about the QOS 

The download bandwidth is that surposed to be the throuput that you will see in the task manager or is it the download speed that you would get when you run something like a speed test or download a file.

I am currently haveing an issue with this bandwidth because  when for istance I am downloading a file I can see my throughput will be steady a 74 mbps and my download will show 71mbps. So haveing the download bandwidth set to 71 after a few hours my 71 mbps will drop a to about 66mbps and the throuput will show maximum 72mbps and it stays like this until either reset the router or change the vaulue in the bandwith editor and then the throuput instantly goes back to steady 74 mpbs. I find this odd because this happerns when the bufferbloat is even set to off. 

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's the speed you get from a speed test, the speed you get on downloads is lower as they use different measurements, even though they look and sound the same, confusing I know!

It sounds like other devices are using some bandwidth at the same time which is why it's still running fast but just below normal.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7