× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Before buying NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router

KC777
Aspirant

Before buying NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router

I wanted to know if the NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router  will work with  Amazon's Alexa or if not, any plans to do so with an update in the future?

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
heidarren
Tutor

Re: Before buying NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router

Update in the future? Yes, but in a new model named XR701, so u have to pay again for the exectly same hardware but improved firmware.

They don't even fix the current problems for years, how dare you to expect them adding new feature for free??

Btw, if you encouter any problem, go somewhere else, they will hire someone here to reply you but it never been listen by the developement team, the only respond you will get is "I already infrom/forward you problem to the dev team, they will look forward for this problem" and then you wait for years until you finally give up and get a new router, this is how it works

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Best to ask the team here: https://twitter.com/NETGEARgaming

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I suggest finding a good place with a refund policy, lilke Amazon or local store like best buy or Frys. Get one here and if it doesn't work do your liking, you can return it. 

@KC777 wrote:

I wanted to know if the NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router  will work with  Amazon's Alexa or if not, any plans to do so with an update in the future?

Message 4 of 8
KC777
Aspirant

Some of Netgear's other routers work with Alexa, so I would think it would not be a very big deal to do a firmware upgrade with XR700 to let it work with Alexa as they already have the code, programming, and firmware with other Netgear routers. For sure, I would buy at Amazon with there easy to return and ship. But this is 500 bucks, so I wanted to find out about my question. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Well it may already work. I haven't seen anyone post about it. So might give one a try. 

Message 6 of 8
KC777
Aspirant

True, it could.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you find out. 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats