× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Best Gaming router of 2018? Tech HD Unboxes the NPG XR500 #Video

BretD
Admin

Best Gaming router of 2018? Tech HD Unboxes the NPG XR500 #Video

xr500-review-png.pngTech HD posted a great unboxing video of the NPG XR500 pro gaming router.  Christian had a lot of great things to say about it. He and walks you through the initial hardware setup. He even plays Call of Duty while watching Netflix, streaming video from his phone and streaming himself. The XR500 never skipped a beat providing super-low latency of only 13ms. WOW! Awesome!

Thanks for posting the awesome video Tech HD!

Message 1 of 3
Swiderc3
Aspirant

I'm a big gamer I play a lot of first person shooter like call of duty games and destiny games but I have satellite internet and I need to know will this help take the lag out of the games with satellite internet bc I can't get cable company internet bc I live in a part of Alabama that don't have cable in out in the country on dirt roads with woods all around me. So would this router do what I need it to do??

Thanks in advance for the help.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The main issue that you have is that your base ping is likely to be high & unstable, theres nothing any router can do about that. However, the factors you can control - distance & local congestion the XR500 will be able to eliminate to ensure you have the best possible connection for your situation.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7