× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best NBN compatible modem

Shmackyu
Follower

Best NBN compatible modem

Hi there,
I have recently signed up to the NBN. I am looking to purchase a XR500 gaming router and I was wondering what the best nbn capable modem would be on offer to use in conjunction? I will be on a tier 100 plan and no phone required. I dont really care if the modems capabilities out spec my connection as I want something that will be future proof if I decide to upgrade in the near future. Price isnt really an issue, I just want the most capable modem i can put into bridge mode and use with the xr500. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Best NBN compatible modem

It's recommended to check with your ISP to see what they support. Not all ISPs support various kinds of modems. Stand alone modem only is recommended if your going to run a external router like the XR500.

Message 2 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

And avoid any modem with the Intel puma 6 chipset! https://badmodems.com/Forum/app.php/badmodems

Message 3 of 5
Rossco88
Aspirant

Hey, did you get this working? which NBN ISP are you with?

I just bought an XR500 and tried putting the crappy telstra modem into bridge mode but couldn't get it working, am wondering if its because telstra use IPoE for their authentication or if the telstra modem just wont go into bridge mode correctly

Message 4 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi @Rossco88 - I've responded to you in your other thread with some suggestions.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7