× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Black Ops 4 PORT FORWARD strict nat

usermac
Luminary

Black Ops 4 PORT FORWARD strict nat

Usually I can open my nat but looking at the xr500 portforwarding looks really confusing compaired to my old simplified bt smart hub

Anyways I am playing the Black ops 4 beta and can see my nat is strict and want it  to be open but dont see how I can add call of duty black ops 4. Please can you help me 🙂

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
usermac
Luminary

The guide did not help me as I am useing a Gaming pc ....

However I did manage to solve the problem but found some service name confusion.

What I did was go into portforwarfing add custom service on the XR500 set the service name as black ops 4 pc set UDP TO 3074

and then went into modem dm200 portforwarding add custom service and the service name apeared as Black↔ops↔4↔  and just repeat UDP 3074 AND LINK IT TO THE XR500 IP. Once you click apply or add then the service name in the modem will just show up as the same as the XR500 in my case I chose Black ops 4 pc

And now my nat is open.

I took a screen shot of both modem and routor if that helps anyone with same issue.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
usermac
Luminary

I have got as far as this please see the image and now my nat is showing moderate. 

Message 2 of 10
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Could you follow this guide please Mac - should all be sorted for you once you have followed that:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-nat

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

You shouldn't need any PF configurations if uPnP is enabled and using just 1 game console.

Message 4 of 10
usermac
Luminary

Thanks for the handy guide Jack

will give this a go and report back.

Message 5 of 10
usermac
Luminary

However I did manage to solve the problem but found some service name confusion.

What I did was go into portforwarfing add custom service on the XR500 set the service name as black ops 4 pc set UDP TO 3074

and then went into modem dm200 portforwarding add custom service and the service name apeared as Black↔ops↔4↔  and just repeat UDP 3074 AND LINK IT TO THE XR500 IP. Once you click apply or add then the service name in the modem will just show up as the same as the XR500 in my case I chose Black ops 4 pc

And now my nat is open.

I took a screen shot of both modem and routor if that helps anyone with same issue.

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the NG router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

@usermac wrote:

And now my nat is open.

Message 7 of 10
usermac
Luminary

Thanks Fury only the reason I am not useing the modem in bridge mode is because I am unable to monitor my modem stats via the XR500.  Basic things are missing like my noise margin/sync speed etc. I did ask for this feature to be added and the devs of this routor on there live stream said they would add it at some point. 

I have ADSL and find it very helpful to see what is going on with my connection and being able to see line stats can identify line faults errors etc.  

The modem I use is a Netgear DM200 and seems to work very well with the Nighthawk because before my old BT Smarthub would drop connection every other day but this modem holds.

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Well regardless of some features of the modem are nice, the NAT feature it has will impact NAT thru the modem and XR router. It's preferred to have single NAT which would be the XR router. Then using just uPnP on the XR router will results in OPEN NAT on the console and in game. You should at least try #2 and test.

Having any NAT on the modem and adding a external router will cause bad NAT results on consoles on in game. Hope your configuration will keep going for you.

Message 9 of 10
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Well done for solving it Mac!

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7