× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Black Ops 4 PS4 Pro Lan disconnecting XR500

Consumer0129383
Luminary

Here you go.

Message 26 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

The issue (one of them anyways) is when I login to the game I can see on the interface a number of servers (both "peer" and "dedicated") but when I have my radius set it's like all the servers disappeared inside the search radius. Thus, finding games becomes hard. It will often ping servers outside of the radius and show nothing with in it (until I've actually joined a game).

Message 27 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Oh I see, that is normal. When you boot up the game it pings all available servers - you won't see them all the time. The server in the UK is a whitelisted authentication server - it's not your game ping. The other one in that picture appears to be something you've blocked successfully by adding it to the deny list.
Message 28 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

Yes, I realize this. The but why don't I see the servers inside the radius? Why is it trying to connect to a server that 1. I denied 2. that's outside of the established radius. 3. not ping servers that are obviously inside the radius first?

Message 29 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Chicago one inside your radius was a server so it is working successfully. The game will try to connect you to whatever it can, that's when the Geo-Filter kicks in and reports what it's doing and prevents it. You won't always see the available servers within the radius until the game tries to connect you to one because we've forced it to.
Message 30 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

How can I get a refund from netgear for this router?

Message 31 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It sounds like it is working as it should be by getting you servers within your parameters. I'd recommend you have a look through our optimal settings guides so you can setup correctly and get to know the router: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

If you still want to return it you'd need to go through the retailer you purchased with. You could create a ticket with Netgear here and they'll help: http://support.netgear.com/
Message 32 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

I've had it too long. But, I have read through most of these forums and I have done every step that has been recommended to do. I have setup "correctly" and it doesn't seem to help my situation i.e, lagging, lan disconnects, and some other issues. It's really aggrevating to spend this much money and it doesn't seem to do what it was supposed to.

Message 33 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're with Google Fiber so QoS isn't really needed for you - assuming you're on a 1gbps line. However, if that's not working for you then it would be worth trying it with QoS as it could only help. Forcing different servers that are slightly further away can actually improve gameplay ironically so would suggest that if the servers you usually play on aren't as good.
Message 34 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

Still connecting to denied servers in Black Ops 4 on my PS4 Pro. Why is this? Why doesn't this router work as advertised?

Message 35 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you certain they're exactly the same and not just in the same location? Do they have the same IDs or names that you've given them? Did you try to block servers that had white solid circles around them? If so they can't be blocked as they're required for online play.
Message 36 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

Are you certain they're exactly the same and not just in the same location? Yes.

Do they have the same IDs or names that you've given them? Yes.

Did you try to block servers that had white solid circles around them? No, the servers that I block are typically labeled "Peer".

If so they can't be blocked as they're required for online play.

Message 37 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thanks for the information, if you find one that shows up as a server could you try to block that and see if it works correctly?
Message 38 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

Find what? This isn't clear to me. Every time I've connected today it's been to a "Peer" server that I have labeled and denied. So, I am unsure what you mean by "if you find one that shows up as a server could you try to block that and see if it works correctly?"

Message 39 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

Banned this one awhile back connected to it right now!

Message 40 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

On the Geo-Filter if when you get a game it has a server icon on the map/says dedicated instead of peer on the ping panel could you try blocking it and see if it works as opposed to the peer ones you've had so far.
Message 41 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

I have blocked a few labeled "dedicated" and once deny I've never reconnected to one.

Message 42 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thanks for that information then, this should be resolved when we do a cloud update to rectify the misclassified servers but I will let the team know so they can get that done sooner.
Message 43 of 45
Consumer0129383
Luminary

Yeah, I'd Like to find out how to get my money back. I am seriously unhappy with this router. NONE of the features work as advertised. So, now the dedicated servers that I have blocked are being allowed as you can see from the picture.

Message 44 of 45
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Were you on Filtering Mode when this screenshot was taken?

Message 45 of 45
Discussion stats
  • 44 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7