× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Black ops 4 ping Xr500

Black ops 4 ping Xr500

Hi all,just a bit confused as my ping to my local black ops 4 server located in Sydney,Australia is showing 21ms ping in dumaOS but yet in black ops 4 network options it’s showing 50-70ms ping?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Sonny, the router shows your direct ping to the server, this is the ping that you can control and so that's a fantastic ping! The in game reading chooses to add other things that can affect the ping such as processing delay. All games have it but not all decide to reflect it in the ping. Don't worry about it as it's not anything you can control. Focus on the ping on the router.
Message 2 of 6

Ok that’s fine and all it’s just that I find I get a lot of ghost bullets where my first few bullets do not register I die instantly so it gets me second guessing whether dumaOS ping is actually correct cos I really feel there’s a lot of latency involved I have buffer bloat enable and sliders set at 70%
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's not necessarily due to the ping, sounds like the router is doing its job getting you the low ping game. I'd suggest forcing other servers with the Geo-Filter to see if they play better.
Message 4 of 6

There is only 1 dedicated server here in Australia for the current game I am playing(PS4 black ops 4)I’ve tried blocking that server hoping it’ll force me to an overseas server but it doesn’t it forces me to a peer lobby within Australia which play out pretty much the same if worse but I’ll try play with more geo filter settings to hopefully get into another overseas server but honestly cannot see that latency getting better on an overseas server but I’m planning on changing isp in the coming weeks so hopefully that may resolve my issue but all in all awesome router,thank you netgear team for your help.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Place your location overseas, with strict mode on and Ping Assist at 0. That should then force you onto this location. Turn off the console fully, do those settings, wait 2 minutes then turn the console on and try.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7