× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Brand new XR700 fireware update corrupted during setup

stafford34
Follower

Brand new XR700 fireware update corrupted during setup

as the subject says im afraid. just brought myself a new router and while during the first update while setting up its somehow become corrupted(power led blinking). the wireless network appears but theres no internet connection and neither does the wired connection and im not able to get access to the www.routerlogin.net page. I've tried performing a factory reset by holding down the pin button on the back but the router does not seem to reset to default (my custom wifi name still comes up). i have downloaded the lastest firmware im just wondering if there is way to manually update the router or a fix to this issue. any help would be much appreciated as im hoping not to have to send the router back.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Brand new XR700 fireware update corrupted during setup

Download the latest firmware and then use TFTP to upload it to the router and that should restore it: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?_ga=2...
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7