× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Brand new xr500 rebooting 5 times or more a day

Zslicker27
Follower

Brand new xr500 rebooting 5 times or more a day

I bought this router 3 days ago and have had constant issues with it. I just upgraded my modem with xfinity with 1 gbps internet, and everything worked fine with that modem/router. I bought the xr500 to reduce ping in modern warfare (which it does by geo-filtering). Everything works fine for a while until I lose ethernet connection from my nighthawk to the modem/router. I use cat 8 gold plated cables and I know this isnt the issue. I try to update firmware on netgear's website and it says the file is corrupted every time I try to install it. I spent $300 to have this geo-filtering feature and i'm truly disappointed that this keeps happening to me. I also don't see any solutions on any forums whatsoever about this problem, yet I see a TON of problems with no answers. YES, I have factory reset the router......1502349 times in 3 days. I have to update all of my settings every single time that I have to do this as well. If I can't get a solid answer out of netgear or somebody I'm switching brands for sure. Guess this is what happens when you get greedy about ping, you waste your money and time. Precious time all spent on factory resets and configuration. I kind of feel like somebody stole my money. If someone knows a solution or a better router that I can switch to let me know ASAP!!! 

P.S.- I have tried turning off all features on Duma OS, nothing is keeping this router from having a field day with its own rebooting system. Like it's honestly laughable. Even with every feature turned off, I still get inconsistent download speeds and ping. If I used wifi from my xfinity router I would get better ping and dowload/upload. Xr500 reduces ping, or does it reduce the ping in your game only? Even if it was game only, it only lasts halfway through a match before it decides to take a nap and reboot. Keep in mind, my xfinity router is up and running at all times, never is it rebooting in sequence with this router. I'm truly afraid to even plug in my ethernet cable to this product, I game competitively and can't risk losing matches because of this thing disconnecting every time I try to do anything while being connected to it.

Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Brand new xr500 rebooting 5 times or more a day

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Do you have the router connected to a power extender? I've seen it in the past that it can have rebooting issues if it's not getting full power so first try plugging it directly into a wall outlet. What firmware are you on currently? You can upgrade from the interface in Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and click on check.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7