× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Broken QOS settings

OlegP
Apprentice

Broken QOS settings

I have Spectrum 200/10. Connected directly to the WAN port on the modem I usually get 200-218 download and around 10-13 upload.

With the XR500 router connected, the speedtest.net consistently gives me 180-190 download and 7-7.7 upload speed on a hardwired connection. I have the Anti-Bufferbloat set to 200 download and 10 upload with both sliders set to 90%. "When High Priority Traffic Detected" is checked. Both Bandwidth Allocation Upload and Download is set to default settings and was totally untouched. "Share Excess" is checked. I'm getting those speeds regardless whether or not there's high priority traffic being detected. I've even tested this with all of my devices totally disconnected from the router except for my PC that I'm using to do the speed test.

I've tried setting both Anti-bufferbloat sliders to 100% and even checking "never," but still get slower than normal speeds.

I still get the lower than provisioned speeds even if I totally disable the QOS on the router by checking "Disable QOS not recommended."

However, if I set the download and upload to something much higher than my provisioned speeds, like 300/300 or 400/400, then the speed test shows about 210-215 download and the upload is 10-11. I can recreate this consistently every single time.

I've reset the router to factory settings many times. I've done it in the GUI and with the reset button on the back.

I'm getting tired of this router very fast. It feels like all I'm doing with it is troubleshooting it all the time.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Broken QOS settings

Thats very odd, usually with QoS completely disabled and still not achieving speeds thats not a DumaOS issue. I'm assuming these are all wired tests rather than wifi?
Message 2 of 5
OlegP
Apprentice

Absolutely on wired. Its the only way.

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You mentioned in another topic you got a different modem and that resolved the speed issue. Is that correct? If so whats the other issue you're having?
Message 4 of 5
OlegP
Apprentice

Different modem fixed the MAC address and half downstream bandwidth issue. Now it’s getting a goofy QOS bug.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7