× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bug xr1000 pingheat map goes to default

egwok
Tutor

Bug xr1000 pingheat map goes to default

My xr1000 is brand new and every once in a while the geo filter resets to default after I set it up is this normal ?
Message 1 of 15
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Bug xr1000 pingheat map goes to default

Sorry to hear that!

How exactly does it reset? What is it resetting to? How is this indicated to you?

Message 2 of 15
egwok
Tutor

It use to reset the ping heat map polygon mode I had made but it’s fixed now but now I’m having a issue where I draw the polygon only around servers that are 20-35ish ping and it shows on the duma UI that I’m getting 20-35ish ping lobby but in call of duty Cold War in the ping meter I’m getting 50ish ping .why is this happening ? Plus it lags while playing .sometimes I showed the ping meter in COD Cold War 35ish ping meter but most times is 50ish ping meter and it’s a mess .please help I tried factory reset both router and modem with no luck .
Message 3 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The in game ping includes things like processing delay - all games have it. The ping shown on the Geo-Filter is the ping direct to the server which is what you can control. The difference in ping there is about right. If you're not having a good experience then try to force a different server instead and see if it plays better.
Message 4 of 15
egwok
Tutor

I’ve tried using different servers that are low ping it’s the same no matter what and I don’t have QOS enabled cause although me and my wife alone have a lot devices like iPad iPhone laptops.ect ... we are the only ones who live in my apartment and I pay for 300mbps d/L and 35 U/L .do u think I should use QOS? I send a pic of my ping heat map for COD COLDWAR also how I have my GEO filter setup
Message 5 of 15
egwok
Tutor

Here’s the ping heat map for COD COLDWAR
Message 6 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go for servers that are higher ping, some people say that it gives you an advantage with lag compensation. Yes I would advise using QoS
Message 7 of 15
egwok
Tutor

Okay I’ll try it but am I on the right firmware ? mine is on 1.0.0.52_1.0.38 . When I try updating it it says no software update available .
Message 8 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great, let us know how you get on. Yes that's the latest available firmware
Message 9 of 15
egwok
Tutor

It got a little better but still unplayable I’m willing to try QOS now if I have 300mb d/l and 35 U/L from my provider how much bandwidth I give to gaming ? And should I set a static route for the console MAC address?
Message 10 of 15
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You can allocate a little more to gaming than most other services but you don't need to give it too much, gaming uses less bandwidth than you'd think.

You can follow this guide to set up QoS:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

Message 11 of 15
egwok
Tutor

I never used QOS because I read I didn’t need it so idk how it works can you tell me how much I can give for gaming if I have 300 d/l and 35 u/l ? Like it old u its me and my wife only in the house and We have at least 20 devices together . I don’t want my wife yelling why the f*** kin Internet not working ??? Lol
Message 12 of 15
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I see, are all 20 of these devices connected to the XR1000?

If so, you can follow the below guide to get setup with QoS:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

Message 13 of 15
egwok
Tutor

Yes they are all connected to it
Message 14 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great let us know how you get on after configuring as per the guide
Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats