× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7500/C7800

Big_Ham_Sammys
Follower

C7500/C7800

Getting ready to move into a new house, I’ve selected 1GB internet through my ISP. My question to you guys is do you recommend a router + modem or a combo like the C7500 or C7800? Primary use will be through my PS4 and up to 3-4 TVs streaming. Does the Cable Modem series I mentioned above provide QoS and Geo Filtering? I see those options all over the routers but cannot find any info on the Cable Modems offering those specs? Thanks guys.
Message 1 of 3
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Geo-Filter is an exclusive feature to DumaOS so no other product will provide that. DumaOS is on the Netgear XR series and the Netduma R1.

It's possible that those devices have QoS, i'm not sure, but it will be a different implimentation to the Netduma solution.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

IF your going to use the XR series router, then a stand alone modem like a CM series modem with out a built in router and wifi would be best and recommended. Not a gateway modem. 

@Big_Ham_Sammys wrote:
Getting ready to move into a new house, I’ve selected 1GB internet through my ISP. My question to you guys is do you recommend a router + modem or a combo like the C7500 or C7800? Primary use will be through my PS4 and up to 3-4 TVs streaming. Does the Cable Modem series I mentioned above provide QoS and Geo Filtering? I see those options all over the routers but cannot find any info on the Cable Modems offering those specs? Thanks guys.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7